SAS Sniper to stand retrial...

Why bollocks? There has been AMPLE discussion of this case in another thread

Why should he be exempt from the law?

The retrial will still have to address the facts of the case, which, as far as I can tell, haven't changed.

Another blow for Sally and the rest of the defence team will likely be the news that Sean Rayment is no longer the Daily Telegraph Defence Correspondent.

(but not necessarily a blow for accurate and impartial defence journalism)

I hear Ford open is nice in july/august.

No, no evidence, its not his fault, aliens broke in and hid the glock under the bed, the next door neighbour saw that the table leg was a bit wobbly and kindly sorted it out with 300 rounds of 9mm

As you would, he totally forgot about the whole thing because he's got brain damage, so of course he should released scot free and allowed back into the Hereford Holigans PDQ, cos being brain damaged he's just the sort we want tooling around the boathouse "init"

Thanks for reading

Mrs Grief Whore Nightingale

Methinks the gentleman has shot himself in the foot.

Why the schadenfreude? The guy served his country brilliantly, how I wish we would hound our enemies as relentlessly as we prosecute our soldiers.

Why the schadenfreude? The guy served his country brilliantly, how I wish we would hound our enemies as relentlessly as we prosecute our soldiers.
So he gets a get out of jail free card then does he?????

Take away the SAS shit and you just get a scrote hoarding guns and ammo. Shadenfreude??

Z

Zarathustra

He had a Glock and 300rnds of ammunition in his house. If he'd done his time without he or his Mrs going to the papers he'd have been allowed to soldier on afterwards.

So he gets a get out of jail free card then does he?????

Take away the SAS shit and you just get a scrote hoarding guns and ammo. Shadenfreude??
Only if he manages to escape from the prison facility and then E&E across the nearest national border.

Sent via Heliograph from the Jebel Birkenhead

Only if he manages to escape from the prison facility and then E&E across the nearest national border.

He'd probably just escape to the Los Angeles underground where, if you have the money.........

He's not being prosecuted for being a soldier; it is alleged he imported an illegal firearm which was left lying around in a flat.

Any soldier would know that you'll get severely punished for naughtiness with the bangy stuff.

And if you can find him, you'll be lucky because he's forgotten where he is.
And that's if his misses doesn't find you first, and kill you with her sharp words and accusations of hero-bashing :p

And if you can find him, you'll be lucky because he's forgotten where he is.
Could be worse, at least for an SF god he hasn't got a fear of flying. Unless he's forgotton it.

This is one thing where I think the Yanks are ahead of us (Us being the UK, Canada etc). There the state only gets one go at a conviction, while the Crown can alway have another go if they don't get the verdict they like.

chimera

LE
Hope he remembers to turn up for the trial.

Mick Philpott served his country too (albeit briefly).

Should he be let off as a 'hero' too?

Sent by carrier pigeon using Speckled Jim