SAS Smocks... MTP?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Fuzzy Bear, Jun 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Possibly a mong question, but sod it...

With MTP still being relatively new, does anyone know if the classic SAS smock has been put into production using the new pattern? If so, anyone know any suppliers?

Cheers - Fuzzy
  2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

SASS will do them if you want one, I seem to remember someone posting that MOD had released the fabric to manufacturers
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

allready? blimey.
  4. It's the '95 pattern one, with the big feck off buttons - they were issuing them for Herrick from 12 onwards (and I believe trialled on 10 or 11)
  5. Yes you can get them from us at Level Peaks Associates Military Clothing and Equipment Suppliers, we are restocking at the moment, they are in the manufacturing process. Delivery of the stock is due Mid August/ Early September, you can order now to reserve yours for immediate dispatch or just wait on, until they arrive. Watch our news streams (Facebook and Twitter) to get the alert once they come in.

These are in MultiCam (que the standard argument) which is essentially MTP without the fleck detail. Our smocks are made out of the real Duro 50/50 ripstop MultiCam fabric.
  6. I own one of your smocks it's mega not to blow smoke up your arse but it needs zips on the fleece lined pockets below the bottom pockets.... My 2 pence worth.
    Any plans to make one from gaberdine like the classic windproof/sas smock?
  7. smocks are dead in this new time of osprey all you can use is arm pockets
    • Like Like x 1
  8. What about a PARA smock?
  9. ffs, why does anything remotely linked to them makes you a better soldier, it is a theatre not a catwalk!
  10. Maybe because we don't wear Osprey 95% of the time and have a use for something that doesn't revolve around being on Ops, say the ranges, Exercise, day today milling about?
  11. If you are entitled to wear one you will be issued one in proper MTP, not the multicam that is on sale.
  12. to be fair - the issued MTP PCS CU smock is a brilliant bit of kit, no real need for a SAS smock nowadays unless you absolutely must have gaberdine.

13. Apart from those scratchy annoying cuffs!
  14. Does the new MTP PCS CU smock have a hood? I can't tell from the picture.