SAS Selection from TA

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by thinkingaboutit, Feb 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Am in infantry TA unit. Just joined. Been an ACF instructor for years so plenty of experience.

How come you can't attend selection for 22 from an infantry TA unit but a regular engineer/signaller/other remf can?

What's the point in that?

Surely they would rather have a solid infanteer with a bit of life experience (as in how to move about in civvy street and stuff - all that sneaky beaky stuff etc. Must be useful) over (say) an engineer who has to send his dry cleaning forward when on ops?
  2. bahahah nice try :D
  3. Trying is what I'm trying to do!

4. you are being very trying.
  5. To the hole!
  6. The Wah is strong with you, Padawan! :D :lol:
  8. Phone 21 SAS and tell them you want to look after their cadets
  9. Pathetic effort. Must try harder. Or give up (breathing preferably)
  10. Do you have a timeshare in Brussels and shares in Tixylix.
  11. Are you by chance a member of 32 SRG?
  12. Just a quick question promted by this thread, and a conversation I had with someone earlier who told me about someone he knew who is serving, but then went on to tell me he was in the SAS.

After months of reading so many different threads here about 'them', wanting to join them, having been 'them' 'their' boathouse etc etc. Is it anything like public knowledge exactly how many people make up The Special Air Service? I am sure they do exist in real life, but cant help thinking their number is probably no more than, say 250 countrywide. Would I be right in thinking that you dont apply to 'them', but they seek out those who are at the very peak of their chosen trade and adept at many other things as well?

Perhaps I am a mile out one way or the other, but I am sure half the country seem to know someone who is in 'them' or has been with 'them' - with the exception of the 'normal' people around this forum who seem to recognise a nutter when they read one
  13. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

What is it about the 'Them' threads that provoke such bone questions?
  14. Kill yourself. It's the first stage of 'them' training.
  15. Quote - {Been an ACF instructor for years so plenty of experience.

Whilst you may be an expert on big timing in front of young adolescent males and are no doubt at the top of your game when it comes to grooming young girls into your 'DS' tent, I very much doubt that this will aid you in any way towards being successful on selection.

Probably better if you just go back to the ACF and continue to tell them the stories about when you were in the SAS a few years ago.....

(preferably whilst you are 'tucking them in' on those cold lonely nights.