SAS seizes Taliban leader in secret war

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Jan 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Heavily fortified... What does it mean?

Ahh... understand.

Afghan troops in a secret operation? Fairy-tale.

...probably local tribe leader.

But why 'a key commander' doesn't fight in his own province, but in Kandahar? It is strange.

2. Operation Baaz Tsuka??

Is that supposed to bee the phonetic spelling of Bazooka?
  3. Just got sent this photo from the boys as they were going in on the raid:

'course they were surprised.

Thanks Mr and Mrs Telegraph.... it's not so secret now is it!
  4. Don't knock them. These guys are fighting as hard, if not harder than a lot of the standard regulars out in Afghan.

I dread to think how many casualties we would have amongst our forces if these guys were not in the background causing havoc and disrupting things.

Having said that, I wonder if the link with them using Afghan troops has any validity. I wouldn't be surprised if they have certain Afghans on board, but not your boggo troops in 4x4's.
  5. Rayc

Rayc RIP

Squeeze the bloke's gonads!

He lead you to Mush; like that Talib captured who stated that Mullah Omar is in Quetta, Pakistan!
  6. Put him in the big brother house, that will break him!
  7. ......that'd break a 3/4in ballbearing......

besides, there's some types of torture that even i find over-the-top and cruel.
  8. You're correct, I'm sorry. I was being cruel and it is not called for.
  9. Any chance of a biger pic?
  10. For Christ sake man...what have you been told about blurting out confidential operational details on a public forum?
  11. Couldn't you just congratulate the troops on their success and for not losing anyone instead of trying to pick holes in a the Telegraph's article?

Are you trying to in some way undermine the success with your comments?
  12. I think it's a reasonable critique of the media's cliche-ridden laziness, rather than criticism of our blokes.
  13. Of course our resident Communist has too put down any operation not carried out by his "komrades."

:pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff:
  14. I believe that SAS guys did their job excellently, as ever. My congratulation to them!

I doubt (for reasons I mentioned) that captured bloke is indeed a senior Taliban commander, though anyway he is a potential Taliban warlord. And no doubt that some his relatived would join Taliban thanks to his detention.

Gdav, you are right, I noted that some details of the event likely were invented by journalist or/and MoD propagandists. It is not something unusual.