SAS reserve

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by NowIC, Mar 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have you tried the search function?

2. Yes.

3. 0/10

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for not helping me atall.

5. From lads I know who are in 23 you do get to choose your own boots. There y'go.

6. Thank you kind sir!

7. Part of training for 'THEM' involves the wearing of the uniform of other patrol members, so while sometimes you will be wearing your own boots at other times you will have to wear boots belonging to another 'THEM' trainee. So I would suggest that as soon as you get there you try and ensure those in you your section have roughly the same size feet and if atall possible make sure you have the smallest feet. If the others have bigger boots you can stuff newspaper into them to help with the fit, on the other hand(foot) if they are too small you be in a great deal of difficulted while on long marches.
    Hope this helps with your selection
    now take your hand out of your sock

• Like Like x 2
  8. I'll add to that that the likelihood of two of the others loaning you boots at the same time are very slight - nobody likes hopping around on an op. My best advice to you is to train your feet to wear either two left or two right boots at the same time - this could also save some time swapping around, as well.

9. Pisstakers everywhere!

10. Oh no!! I've been rumbled! Woe, woe and thrice woe!

11. It's not always boots, a nice pair of Gucci loafers helps you blend in when handing out the Ferrero Rocher at the ambassadors reception in the way boots don't.

12. As above.

Issue boots at first. Then your choice later on.

13. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Troll. Banned. Ignore.