SAS reducing its workforce by 40%

I bloody fell for it. It's not until I re-read the title . .

I should have noted it never said "Them being reduced by 40%"

Doh! I'm so bloody gullible :x

If THEM were reduced by 40%, would that make them THE ................ got my coat on already.

rabid_hamster said:
If THEM were reduced by 40%, would that make them THE ................ got my coat on already.
Actually (pedant mode on), you get "THE" if you reduce "THEM" by 25%.

If you reduce "THEM" by 40% you are more likely to get "THI" (the last letter being "E" with the horizontals chopped off). (/pedant)

Dread said:
rabid_hamster said:
Actually (pedant mode on), you get "THE" if you reduce "THEM" by 25%.

If you reduce "THEM" by 40% you are more likely to get "THI" (the last letter being "E" with the horizontals chopped off). (/pedant)
Dread- You're wasted on here.

Here's something on the link you might like, although it might not be to your taste:A life!

a_j, you cnut! I bit up to the point where the Beeb page came on!

Aaagh! It's good to know that others were taken in by the title too. Makes me feel less of a throbber, for what that's worth. :D :D :D

MsG

40%, that would mean there would only be 60 million members left!

armchair_jihad said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7866754.stm
the bbc playing the head line game rather well
Hardly headline games, it is in the Business section after all. A number of TLA's have direct civilian matches that are more customary usage there than here!

I travel SAS only occassionally and have never yet been asked to deplane by HALO or rope! Oh, and the FA's are unarmed and generally prettier than AD's, the nosh comes better presented, and the seating is more conventional :D