SAS, RAF Police biker with bling tat medals

Greta Thunberg Walt.

FFS

They're coming from under the floor boards now. This one is actually posting from Bristol as well.
Shouldn’t it have been “… how very dare …”?

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So, where has our hero and his sock disappeared to? Perhaps back to his bike-riding, leather-wearing, combat-dodging barrier-lifters, regaling them on how he took on the mighty Arrse and got his own arse handed to him on a plate perhaps. His only comeback when being royally shafted was a rather limp threat of legal action. Shame that, he almost convinced me I could have been wrong.
Why oh why do these fooking idiots bother? They have the credibility of a chocolate fire guard, protesting their innocence when they are in fact, the ones at fault. I don't have a problem with brain-damaged knobs wearing combats and Billy big-timing about their time in Ulster or the Falklands; it is the w*nkers who lie and expect you to believe them that need outing.

Mickey West

Old-Salt
So, where has our hero and his sock disappeared to? Perhaps back to his bike-riding, leather-wearing, combat-dodging barrier-lifters, regaling them on how he took on the mighty Arrse and got his own arse handed to him on a plate perhaps. His only comeback when being royally shafted was a rather limp threat of legal action. Shame that, he almost convinced me I could have been wrong.
Why oh why do these fooking idiots bother? They have the credibility of a chocolate fire guard, protesting their innocence when they are in fact, the ones at fault. I don't have a problem with brain-damaged knobs wearing combats and Billy big-timing about their time in Ulster or the Falklands; it is the w*nkers who lie and expect you to believe them that need outing.
I think we need to know which utter belter decided that the RAF Police association would have a headdress that is totally unrelated to any aspect of the RAF police’s short history. Except that it’s white.

In fact, must be the only military association that has decided it deserves its own headdress, and one that differs from the one worn when serving.*
What a bunch of Cnuts. They are certainly giving the RAF Regiment a run for their money when it comes to institutionalised attention seeking, big timing throbbery.
*Arctic convoys excluded - a deserved exception.

Splitz

Old-Salt
How dare you this gentleman is not only a RAF veteran he is ex police force, he has done more for veterans than probably all of us put together, he also heads the poppy appeal every year, he has also been heading up demonstrations for soldier A-Z along with the rest of us was present for Dennis Hutchings first court appearance and also there for his funeral , he was unsure wether to wear his well earned medals but his friends encouraged it he earnt them he should wear them just as any of us do what he wears them on is no more of concern than someone wearing on a blazer.
This particular day he was heading up a organised ride to pay tribute to the fallen in both wars we did a service and thenvlaid crosses on grave heads, now if any one has any problem with his service and commitment feel free to come back at me
He 'heads' the Poppy Appeal? Every year? Are you sure it isn't 'The Puppy Appeal'? I'm sure Battersea Dogs Home will fund another piece of bling for him.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
He 'heads' the Poppy Appeal? Every year? Are you sure it isn't 'The Puppy Appeal'? I'm sure Battersea Dogs Home will fund another piece of bling for him.
I thought you meant he had puppies on his head !! silly me
f895cb06845848bf14e501355e3d1305--funny-shit-funny-stuff.jpg

45x45

On ROPS
On ROPs
That covers 85% of the members on this forum ., tidy darts.

Bordon/hants

Old-Salt
You edited your original post. It said originally that they did their first jumps there. I said they didn't.
I don't think I did, ....looked back and does not say "last edited" as per some of my others..........

Anyhow maybe I am getting my wires crossed about the barrage ballon location, all I can say with 100% honesty is the guy was dressed as he was, stated ex was ex 3 Para etc. and as I knew the area and seeing the workings of the garrisons there, It seemed a simple question.

If he was the real deal he would have said "what the **** are you on about...the ballon was at *********** or suchlike, but he just looked embarrassed and avoided me after that......Maybe he won Goose Green all on his own and had PTSD and didn't want the flashbacks, who knows..........but I doubt it.

As I have said, only member of many of our family not to have served, but I am not fresh off the boat, I have worked in 18 countries from a quick recall, including some real shitholes like Brazil and Bulgaria (where our group had to employ local dodgy types as security with rusty Mak's and spare ammo seemingly loose in every pocket)

I now am nearer 70 than 60, and have been in a few scrapes and think I have pretty good bullshit radar.

I first joined this forum simply to put up some photos of relatives done at Bordon camp hence my tag, Then a post about some piece of kit, and latterly a reach out to try and find someone I knew who joined the Royal Marines, who I lost touch with after moving, but then by total chance met someone who knew him and served with him on tours.

And I think the banter and piss taking is ace, stuff is discussed that would be an instant ban on the Hunting / Shooting forums I normally go on.

All said, I can't explain better what happened those 20 years ago.......I knew and the guy knew he was outed, maybe I should have asked him what colour the stripes were on the Dak, and what AAA was next to it.

Last edited:

Bordon/hants

Old-Salt
Great curry house too - is Everest still there?
Google says yes when I just looked.

The best one I used to get take outs and meals from (circa 1982 and on) was down in Ash Vale, in a parade set back from the road about 100 yards from the surplus shop on the opposite side of the railway Bridge, but was a bit posh and well out of the way, They used to do a large green pepper stuffed with Chicken Tikka meat then battered and deep fried!

Useless fact was Col Cody's (balloon/kite/early aviation) house was just around the corner, and his great grandson Peter Cody has run Cody cars out of there for yonks.

dlrg

LE
That covers 85% of the members on this forum ., tidy darts.

I'm sure "All's well that ends well" and lessons have been learned (@twiggy21958 & @Tank Girl). The ARRSE massive cannot be out smarted you see. This is a fundamental error often made by 'strangers' & new members (as well as some established ARRSErs), who fail to grasp that there is always someone here with more experience, more qualifications, service knowledge etc. etc. than they. It doesn't pay and is often counter productive to try and Big-it-up on ARRSE. As a few have found and will, no doubt, find out.

Remember kids - 'Failure to prepare is preparation for failure'.

Last edited:

45x45

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'm sure "All's well that ends well" and lessons have been learned (@twiggy21958 & @Tank Girl). The ARRSE massive cannot be out smarted you see. This is a fundamental error often made by 'strangers' & new members (as well as some established ARRSErs), who fail to grasp that there is always someone here with more experience, more qualifications, service knowledge etc. etc. than they. It doesn't pay and is often counter productive to try and Big-it-up on ARRSE. As a few have found and will, no doubt, find out.

I would also add the Army is a small place, there is always someone, who knows someone, who’s been somewhere , with someone .. just because they are not a Walt doesn’t mean they were not a cock during and after.

Mickey West

Old-Salt

Did I tell you about the time I won a Conspicuous Gallantry Cross single-handedly clearing a cave at Tora Bora? That’s true that is. I don’t like to talk about it much, not unless you are a complete stranger in my local boozer.

Mickey West

Old-Salt
I would also add the Army is a small place, there is always someone, who knows someone, who’s been somewhere , with someone .. just because they are not a Walt doesn’t mean they were not a cock during and after.
I was a right cock - 20 years of it.

Did I tell you about the time I won a Conspicuous Gallantry Cross single-handedly clearing a cave at Tora Bora? That’s true that is. I don’t like to talk about it much, not unless you are a complete stranger in my local boozer.
Now you're just taking the Mickey Bliss, Mr Mickey West ! ;)

45x45

On ROPS
On ROPs
I was a right cock - 20 years of it.
I had my moments.. looking back though the rose tinted spectacles I was occasionally a cock, selfish and quite shit. The only reason I got where I did was all the good guys got out and I hung on for the pension. Then stayed an extra 3 .. to this day I have no idea why ..

Mickey West

Old-Salt
I had my moments.. looking back though the rose tinted spectacles I was occasionally a cock, selfish and quite shit. The only reason I got where I did was all the good guys got out and I hung on for the pension. Then stayed an extra 3 .. to this day I have no idea why ..
I was a bit of an arrogant shit at times as an SO3 and and SO2 - but then that was the norm and actively encouraged and rewarded at Bde and Div. Mellowed a bit by the time I got to the lofty heights of SO1.

I remember that.
Did your left leg ever work properly again after Smudge the medic sewed it back on?

Latest Threads