SAS(R) Reserves Selection? PLEASE ANSWER!

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Gaz94, Oct 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a question about SAS reserve selection:

I know if you apply for SAS(R) as a Civvie then you have to complete a CIC (Combat Infantry Course)
    and i was wondering if you were to complete the course and then apply for SAS(R) and fail then would you still have to serve with the TA because you did the CIC course?

2. no, ta is vol org..................................................................

3. in english please

4. ta= part time

5. Thanks for the Info, so just to clarify things If i did a CIC course with the T.A and then applied for SAS(R) and failed then I could just go back to being a civvie and not have to serve with the T.A Because I did a Course?

6. correct...............................

7. Its your positive mental attitude which will get you through lol

8. . . combined with understanding complex instructions and analysing information.

PS. thegimp, is that really a lol at the end of your post? :roll:

9. I think he's using it instead of a full stop.

10. Won't be an issue Gaz. I can already tell you'll breeze the course ..............

D_B

11. Thanks for the help mate

12. Can anyone tell me if The Famous SAS guy Chris Ryan Joined as a Civvie into the SAS(R) and then into the 22 SAS?

13. Oh and did Bear Grylls Join up as a civvie? thanks!

14. I call wind up/bad wah

15. Actually Bear Grylls joined up as an RLC chef. Chris Ryan was the caretaker at Kumquat Barracks in Middlesborough when Granby kicked off, he robbed a load of kit out of the stores and just turned up in Kuwait. We didnt have JPA back then and arrse hadn't been invented to check his back story so he was in !