• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

SAS (R) Honours and Awards

Can anyone inform me whether members of 21 & 23 who get awards are posted as SAS? I know that if a member of 22 gets a decoration it is listed under his parent regiment. As the SAS (R) do not have parent regiments how is it recorded?

I have 3 Territorial Efficiency Medals awarded in the 1980's in my collection that were awarded to NCOs in SAS (V). They are named as follows:

244xxxxxx Cpl X X X XXXXXXXX R.Y. (passed selection as LCpl in C Sqn Royal Yeomanry)
243xxxxxx L/Cpl X X XXXX R.Sigs (passed selection as Sgt in 31 Sigs)
243xxxxxx Sgt X XXXXXX S.A.S. (passed selection as a civvy)

The_Duke

LE
sandy_boots said:
I have 3 Territorial Efficiency Medals awarded in the 1980's in my collection that were awarded to NCOs in SAS (V). They are named as follows:

244xxxxxx Cpl X X X XXXXXXXX R.Y. (passed selection as LCpl in C Sqn Royal Yeomanry)
243xxxxxx L/Cpl X X XXXX R.Sigs (passed selection as Sgt in 31 Sigs)
243xxxxxx Sgt X XXXXXX S.A.S. (passed selection as a civvy)
I bet the long winter nights just fly by in chez boots :D

Latest Threads