SAS/Para issue items. How can you tell if they are genuine issue?

Standard issue in 3 Para Mortars so I'm told.

Look for a nickname like "Two Combs" or "Fiji Bob" stencilled somewhere about the item.

Caveat Emptor. I reckon that there is a percentile improvement to selling item X by adding 'SAS' and 'PARA' - so who wouldn't?
Surely not? No one would be so dishonest to sell like that or so naive as to fall for it :roll:

What scares me is it says Ladies size Medium...... 36"-42" waist..... I know ladies are on the increase in size but 42" waist on a woman to me would indicate bloater not medium... Or am I just getting too picky in my old age?

What scares me is it says Ladies size Medium...... 36"-42" waist..... I know ladies are on the increase in size but 42" waist on a woman to me would indicate bloater not medium... Or am I just getting too picky in my old age?
There are ladies in the SAS?

Don't forget, they are Military issue and therefore prone to the interesting sizes as set by the QM.... "'cause it fits son, just roll up the sleeves a bit and and eat some more pies, room to grow into it!!"

They are only real if the gusset has been removed. This is because all para`s and THEM have really big hard balls.

Never seen them in the Infantry so they must be special forces only! :)
But tights under combats are a good way to keep warm in winter, and in summer thay can be swapped for cooler & more hygienic stockings & suspenders.

But tights under combats are a good way to keep warm in winter, and in summer thay can be swapped for cooler & more hygienic stockings & suspenders.
We had the flannel long johns. I had heard of some guys wearing tights but not actually seen it. I never gave stockings and suspenders a thought to be honest. I definately would have gone for them.

Feeling like I missed out now!

Surely not? No one would be so dishonest to sell like that or so naive as to fall for it :roll:
Are you kidding? I sold a mint ALICE pack a year or so ago on ebay. Anyone stupid enough to buy one of those things can go the extra mile of stupid and fall for the SAS/Para provenance, and pay what they think is a fair price.

All current SF kit is copyrighted to Andy McNabb. Unless his sig is on the label it's probably a fake. Andy and Bear put enormous effort into testing the material in a secret location in London. For 2013 season they'll be issuing a 'Loyalty Card' to be presented at your local QM's for special discount. As with the Boathouse, there's folks on t'internet trying to guess the colour of this card. Coming to a man at Q&M's store soon.

The best way to gauge whether or not a piece of kit is genuine SAS issue is to go in the pubs around Hereford and see how many blokes are wearing it out on the piss.

As Alec Lomas says, if you havent asked Bear for permission to wear it he will immediately deploy from whatever five star hotel he's filming at and fix you with harsh look while warming his hands on a turd wrapped in clingfilm.

You have been warned.

Latest Threads