Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by daywalker, Apr 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Morning Chaps, I dont suppose anyone knows where i can get old of an old SAS/PARA bergen. Ive tried Ebay but to no avail, any help will be much appreciated.

2. You could try joining the Paras or SAS and asking one of the sweats! Why soldiers still use these bergens is beyond me as they weigh 15lb empty! Suppose they're okay for CFT's ect.
  3. Still use mine-cant be broken for one reason.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. If you mean the old A frame one's, they are now worth a fortune. :D
  5. sold mine on here nearly 2 years ago, the chap who i sold it to even came to where i live to pick it up. Would love to hear how the bergen is holding up :-(
  6. Bigger than a large pack?
    They are 120 litres!
  7. There were 2 bergans,one for Para and one for errr,the others :D
  8. i just saw one of these yesterday for free on an classifieds site just pay for postage,, buggered if i can remember which one but ill try find it and Pm you
  9. Yes mate-they were about half the size.
  10. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I joined the paras 11 years ago, but thanks for the advice!!!!!!! :D
  11. there are a few on ebay, how hard did you look????
  12. Sprog :D
  13. Joebag. :)
  14. Ebay - go and search on SAS Para bergan and it will bring up the sort of thing your looking for. Beware of imitations though, difference between the Para bergan and the GS one. There is also a "modern" version of the Para SAS bergan being sold by a company in Colly, one of their Airborne bergans is up on eBay somewhere. Its supposed to be the next generation of Para SAS bergan.