SAS originals Doc

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Rumpelstiltskin, Feb 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From Broadcast:
    Shame about the presenter... he'll be the commissioning editors' 'Army face' for ever, it seems...
  2. Shame the presenter's not still in the army actually- he'd probably have preferred that- not to have been wickedly charged with war crimes and shat on by his peers and superiors. His is the face of a soldier who has been let down by the army big stylee.
    I prefer his face to yours if you are against him.
  3. Yawn... I meant, it's impossible to get any kind of doc about the Army onto the screen unless it's fronted by the same few people- which in turn affects what kind of doc it'll be. However good he was as an officer or as a person, I think it's unnecessary in this instance to have the archive footage fronted by him smoking a cigar and looking ally- but that's what it took to get it on TV. It's a moan on my part about TV production, rather than Tim Collins, so please don't shit yourself in indignation on my account.
  4. You might want to look further into his past to work out why he was chosen to present - who would you prefer, Ross Kemp as Henno Garvie??
  5. Have done, neck wound in. :oops:

But I just don't agree with presenter-led programming generally, I guess...
  6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

ahhh, well that issue's is a whole different bunny to boil..
  7. Should be an interesting programme, my mates Dad was one of those originals, my mate had some cracking pictures and a written story by his Dad of the first few SAS. Sadly both of them have passed away.