SAS members revolt as PC Plod joins their secret club

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Hat20, Jul 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does slotting a 'innocent' Brazilian and negligently shooting an unarmed man in a house search qualify? must have cufflinks not included:lol: :lol:

'According to a club official, its rules state that anyone who has "clandestine or covert roles both in and out of uniform" may join – and as the police's anti-terrorism operations have expanded rapidly during the past few years, an increasing number of officers have become eligible for membership.

The official added: "We never talk about our members. But we do have robust checking procedures to ensure that only those who are entitled to join are allowed in the door."

But that is not satisfying many of the club's regulars. One said: "Some police officers may have taken part in anti-terrorist operations.

"But they wear SAS tiepins and cufflinks around the club, giving the impression they have served in the regiment, whereas they've probably been on a course at the SAS headquarters in Hereford for a few days."

Web Page Name
  2. It's probably down to one or two '*********' always, and has been blown out of proportion by the Hate on Sunday always.
  3. Only the Mail on Sunday could have a journo called Christopher Leake.

Tend to go with Biscuits_AB's view - easier to spew this out, rather than research chaptor and verse on Conrad Black for example.
  4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Does sneaking round and kicking in a married birds back doors whilst her hubby is at work? count as clandestine and covert
    Would it be even more covert if she gave me a blow job in a sanger whilst he was guard 2 i/c?
    I know the boat shed is **** (Op sec)
    Right that me off for a drink then :wink:
  5. Can't have it both ways; the SF Club is losing money, so they need all the new members they can get.

Anyway, they let MI5 and MI6 agents join, so why not CO19? They will probably have better standards of fitness and weapons skills than most of the Spooks.
  6. There have been plod in SF club for years. They certainly have more claim to be there than the younger (under 75 years) FANYS.

Or maybe not

7. The biggest current problem is 'girls from the office' at 5+6.They are a real downer!