SAS Medical Unit ?

G'day Gents. I recently saw a marvelous oil painting by a chap called Stuart Brown called "Battle Mist". The painting features a Medic stabilizing a wounded SAS soldier in Afghanistan. The painting also features a Chinook from 7 squadron which suggests that it isn't an ordinary MERT team. To the side it says Medical Support Unit 22 SAS Royal Army Medical Corps. So is there an elite Medical unit within the army?

Attachments

The RAMC have an attached arm with 'them' - just like they have with other formations.

Ssssh or you'll end up a subject in a live tissue lab

His fluid challenge technique is current and is obviously shouting "stay with me smudger"

SF hair, two, yes two knee pads. It can't be a photorealistic as one only and that must be round the ankle preferably with racist slogans lumi coloured on it.

Chatted with our RMO about this recently apparently only 1 doc has passed Black Serpent and as such gets smashed on almost every deployment

G'day Gents. I recently saw a marvelous oil painting by a chap called Stuart Brown called "Battle Mist". The painting features a Medic stabilizing a wounded SAS soldier in Afghanistan. The painting also features a Chinook from 7 squadron which suggests that it isn't an ordinary MERT team. To the side it says Medical Support Unit 22 SAS Royal Army Medical Corps. So is there an elite Medical unit within the army?
Some points:

1) How can you tell it's a 7 Sqn Chinook?

2) How can you tell it's an SAS soldier being stabilised?

3) The picture is technically incorrect because the Chinook still has its 'goldfish bowl' window in place.

4) It is a fantastic painting, though.

I'm going to be a bit of a spotter here but the discarded armour carrier on the floor and on the bloke holding the drip are Paraclete RAVs, widely known to be on issue to "them" (and RMP CP) and the other bloke crouching over him with the latex gloves on has what I'm guessing to be a Diemaco sling behind him. (Again could be any m4 variant but as we all know Diemacos are the weapon of choice for "them") Point 2 addressed.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I'm going to be a bit of a spotter here but the discarded armour carrier on the floor and on the bloke holding the drip are Paraclete RAVs, widely known to be on issue to "them" (and RMP CP) and the other bloke crouching over him with the latex gloves on has what I'm guessing to be a Diemaco sling behind him. (Again could be any m4 variant but as we all know Diemacos are the weapon of choice for "them") Point 2 addressed.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Did I miss the DIB that says we now address the SAS (or any other SF organisation) as "them" all the time?

The RAMC medic on my last HEFAT course at Hereford had served with 22 SAS and the SBS.

The painting was commissioned by the joint medical group, at the time it was painted the SAS where not working in Afghanistan and they didn't get in the door till a lot later when wmiks where not used for the role depicted. Some units are very good at taking credit for the work of others to the extent that MSU Hereford had a recruiting video full of shooting and parachuting and general warry stuff, it was only when you looked a little closer that you saw that the parachuting was done over Studland Bay which is just off Poole...that caused one or two chuckles

The painting was commissioned by the joint medical group, at the time it was painted the SAS where not working in Afghanistan and they didn't get in the door till a lot later when wmiks where not used for the role depicted. Some units are very good at taking credit for the work of others to the extent that MSU Hereford had a recruiting video full of shooting and parachuting and general warry stuff, it was only when you looked a little closer that you saw that the parachuting was done over Studland Bay which is just off Poole...that caused one or two chuckles
Not true, it was commissioned by the MSU for (clocktower?) charity. (Might've been the medical training cell but I'm pretty sure it was the MSU though.) It was the first of three, the second was to show the mert team caring for the patient in the chinook, and the third the handover at bastion. I saw sketches for the second but not sure if it got painted, not seen anything of the third.

The comment about only one doc passing black serpent is bollocks.