SAS 'Led hunt raid on Commons" - Sunday Times

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, Jan 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The Sunday Times reports that some of the protestors who got into the Commons as part of a protest against the disgraceful Neue Arbeit ban on hunting were SAS.,,2087-1431414,00.html

No doubt with the recent cuts there will soon be more recruits for 1 Bn The Countryside Alliance...
  2. Quote...."One of the SAS men who took part in the protest declined to comment on his background last week. “It’s not something I want to discuss, and it will not be mentioned in court,” he said."

Staging the UK's most successful publicity stunt since Erika Rowe got her jugs out for the lads, doesn't strike me as the wisest thing to do if one wishes to remain a shrinking violet.
  3. Shades of that chap err.. Ranulph Fiennes.

And didnt DLB get into some stramash at an early stage in his commissioned career?

Explosives come to mind in both cases.
  4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Well perhaps these blokes can follow in the footsteps of DLB & Fiennes for a very welcome and impressive quadricentennial celebration of the Gunpowder Plot......

5. Makes "Ultimate Force" seem believable.
  6. Shades of that chap err.. Ranulph Fiennes.

He blew up a dam in Castle Coombe village as a protest against a film being made there.
  7. Does anyone else see a dichotomy in that sentence. Amateurs making mockery of HoC security??

Safety Review? More "jobs for the boys"? I take it their security procedures were of similar construction to Sainsbury's then, considering the "amateur protestors" managed to penetrate it! Surely this should have been addressed post-9/11?

Yet more taxpayers money wasted. Having been arrested, and (one would hope) given their names etc, surely one quick phone call or message to the MoD would have provided the information that would have at least identifed these "amateurs" as members of HM Forces.

Hmmm! More to this than is being reported I suspect. :roll:
  9. Stand by for 'Members of the SAS , in a covert surveillance role with the knowledge of MI 5/6......."