SAS 'Led hunt raid on Commons" - Sunday Times

#1
The Sunday Times reports that some of the protestors who got into the Commons as part of a protest against the disgraceful Neue Arbeit ban on hunting were SAS.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1431414,00.html

Several of the pro-hunt supporters who broke into parliament during the debate on the bill were former members of the special forces regiment.

Some are said to have seen frontline action “very recently” and at least one of the group is still a member of an SAS reserve squadron. The men cannot be identified for reasons of national security.
No doubt with the recent cuts there will soon be more recruits for 1 Bn The Countryside Alliance...
 
#2
Quote...."One of the SAS men who took part in the protest declined to comment on his background last week. “It’s not something I want to discuss, and it will not be mentioned in court,” he said."

Staging the UK's most successful publicity stunt since Erika Rowe got her jugs out for the lads, doesn't strike me as the wisest thing to do if one wishes to remain a shrinking violet.
 
#3
Shades of that chap err.. Ranulph Fiennes.

And didnt DLB get into some stramash at an early stage in his commissioned career?

Explosives come to mind in both cases.
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#4
hackle said:
Shades of that chap err.. Ranulph Fiennes.

And didnt DLB get into some stramash at an early stage in his commissioned career?

Explosives come to mind in both cases.
Well perhaps these blokes can follow in the footsteps of DLB & Fiennes for a very welcome and impressive quadricentennial celebration of the Gunpowder Plot......

:twisted:
 
#5
Makes "Ultimate Force" seem believable.
 
#6
Shades of that chap err.. Ranulph Fiennes.

He blew up a dam in Castle Coombe village as a protest against a film being made there.
john
 
#7
The stunt was initially thought to be the work of amateur protesters who made a mockery of lax security.
Does anyone else see a dichotomy in that sentence. Amateurs making mockery of HoC security??

It led to a major safety review and the appointment of a new parliamentary security chief from MI5.
Safety Review? More "jobs for the boys"? I take it their security procedures were of similar construction to Sainsbury's then, considering the "amateur protestors" managed to penetrate it! Surely this should have been addressed post-9/11?

The police, who are understood to have spent more than £1m investigating the incident, have now uncovered the special forces backgrounds of the protesters.
Yet more taxpayers money wasted. Having been arrested, and (one would hope) given their names etc, surely one quick phone call or message to the MoD would have provided the information that would have at least identifed these "amateurs" as members of HM Forces.

Hmmm! More to this than is being reported I suspect. :roll:
 
#8
Ghost_Rider said:
Yet more taxpayers money wasted. Having been arrested, and (one would hope) given their names etc, surely one quick phone call or message to the MoD would have provided the information that would have at least identifed these "amateurs" as members of HM Forces.

Hmmm! More to this than is being reported I suspect. :roll:
Be fair the police can't be expected to check every detainee for a forces background. It wouldn't occur to anyone at the beginning of the investigation because the idea of the sas storming parliment (even off duty) would be considered to far fetched too investigate (until now) .

I expect it will become routine if soldiers are going to take part in these things.

Trotsky
 
#9
Stand by for 'Members of the SAS , in a covert surveillance role with the knowledge of MI 5/6......."
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top