SAS Knight in North Carolina?

smudge67 said:
Emailed this - see if I can get him to waste a trip to London :)

Sir Robert,

I am an ex serving member of 22 SAS, and I am trying to get together a party of ex-serving troopers in London sometime this year. A reunioun if you will. There will be current serving soldiers, and ex-members of the Regiment.

There will also be a trip to Sterling Lines so the older members can see how things have changed since "back in the day"

Could you please email me if you are interested in attending. I need to get some idea of numbers so I can book accomodation, and get the dates sorted out.

Many thanks.

"Smudge" Smith

Ex D Squadron 22 SAS

Smudge you little Tinker!
The only connection you have to the "Regiment" is Saturdays and Sundays! :lol:

If only you lot really knew. "Dinger" Bell is the real thing, they don´t come much harder. If you don´t believe me, ask "Shorty".

S

syledis

ii sent the folowing email to this guy asking about his credential as im a Scotsamerican who only deals with genuine scots and wanted proof and got the following back:

"Firstly I am not a fake as you have indicated/inferred that I may be. As for my store since you seem to doubt me I am sure you be able to locate another store to suit your needs"

S

syledis

another reply:

In brief then out,

1. I was never a member of 22 SAS but was attached to the SAS back in the 1960's.
2. I am not a Knight of the Realm as you infer.
3. My Knighthood is a different order to the British orders.
4. I was a commissioned officer firstly in the infantry.
4. I am in my 70's so go for it and enjoy your search I have nothing to hide.

Out

So he's not walting then - he's just an old cunt using these made up honours to fool the gullible yanks.

Fair one if they're daft enough to fall for it.

Well, I don't know who's army he was commissioned in to, but it wasn't ours. I've tried several permutations of his name and the only one that yields anything is R G Bell. A few hits, but nothing that fits this individual's time frame. Yeah, I know it's a bit sad, but I've really got nothing else better to do this morning - and it keeps the Alzheimer's at bay.

At least he had the decency to reply to emails... which is more than can be said for 'some'. I think he's best left alone.

Perhaps an E Mail to his local newspaper then

So some 70 year old bloke is dancing rings around the yanks and selling them kilts and porridge wog gear using a fake knighthood as bait?
Sounds like a 'bit of a geezer' to me. :twisted:
If they're hoodwinked by the crappy photoshop picture on his website then more fool them. Caveat emptor.
Wish I'd thought of it first. Hmmmm... :wink:

Jorrocks said:
Or we could just leave the old bloke alone.
Good Lord, no! Far too much fun to be had :D

I think it's time a genuine American Baron [£28 that cost me :wink: ] has a word with the chappie.

Off out to lunch, but this might pass an hour or so later today :lol:

He may have been a kiwi Officer and may be talking about NZSAS not my concern but he will get a good thrashing for being a Jock Walt.

S

syledis

another reply from him:

There is only one type of Knighthood and you do not have it.
INCORRECT.
THERE ARE NUMBER OF VARYING KNIGHTHOODS FROM VARIOUS ORGANIZATIONS AND COUNTRIES AND THE CHOICE TO USE IT IS UP TO THE RECIPIENT. I HAVE NEVER SAID I WAS KNIGHTED BY THE QUEEN, NOR HAVE I PROPOUNDED THAT I HAD A BRITISH KNIGHTHOOD. I RECEIVED MY ACCOLDADE IN ST. GEORGE'S CATHEDRAL IN 1996.

Could this be it?

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked...ished-Order-of-Saint-Michael-and-Saint-George
Could this be it?

.Sven

Old-Salt
smudge67 said:

Sir Robert,

I am an ex serving member of 22 SAS, and I am trying to get together a party of ex-serving troopers in London sometime this year. A reunioun if you will. There will be current serving soldiers, and ex-members of the Regiment.

There will also be a trip to Sterling Lines so the older members can see how things have changed since "back in the day"

Could you please email me if you are interested in attending. I need to get some idea of numbers so I can book accomodation, and get the dates sorted out.

Many thanks.

"Smudge" Smith

Ex D Squadron 22 SAS
He'll have you sussed as a walt, it's STIRLING not sterling lines :ROLL:

Achmed the cook, SAS Choggie Shop, Stirling Lines, Secret Camp not near Hereford.

blueygirl

War Hero
For info on orders of knigthoods in other countries read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight
howver it is interesting to note that this article states that outside the Bristish honours system it is considered poor form to style oneself "Sir". So, he could be for real (would be interesting to know where and what), though he does seem to be milking the American liking for titles....

S

syledis

another reply !!!! he is really going for it
I suggested the he never sold at any games in case he was rumbled and i suggested he was a Knights Templar. Never expected him to be one!!

Fact - I am a Knights Templar. I am also a Mason but not a Masonic Knight
Incorrect - I was commissioned as a 2Lt on 24th November 1962.

I don't sell at any Games because my line of business is strictly one-on-one out of in home office or on line. I teach the bagpipes.

I

dogfondler

War Hero
.Sven said:
smudge67 said:

Sir Robert,

Many thanks.

"Smudge" Smith

Ex D Squadron 22 SAS

Achmed the cook, SAS Choggie Shop, Stirling Lines, Secret Camp not near Hereford.
Is it still called Stirling Lines now that it's not at errm, Stirling Lines?

.Sven

Old-Salt
dogfondler said:
.Sven said:
smudge67 said:

Sir Robert,

Many thanks.

"Smudge" Smith

Ex D Squadron 22 SAS

Sorry can't tell you...it's a secret :WINK:

syledis said:
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/517873/The-Most-Distinguished-Order-of-Saint-Michael-and-Saint-George

Could this be it?
No. If he was a KCMG he'd be gazetted... as he would if he'd been commissioned. The 'sir' bit is probably due to the Templar thing (I thought they'd been finished off aeons ago?). The usage of the title 'sir' by anyone other than a Knight grade within an order, or a Knight Batchelor is a bit chad.

I don't know why he isn't showing up on the LG. It used to be a right quirky sod of a database, but it's much improved of late. That said, who knows what name he was commissioned under - or in to which outfit?

dogfondler said:
No. See here. :wink:

Latest Threads