SAS kills hundreds of terrorists in secret war against AQ

#2
Does this count as cultural sensitivity, as we're sending them off to meet their 70-odd virgins, or summat? :)
 
#3
In one incident, SAS troops rented a pink pick-up truck, removed their body armour to blend in with locals, and drove through the traffic to catch a key target.

does this mean a pink pick up truck is now classed as 'ally' and also why did they pick pink im sure a black pick up would just be as good
 
#5
Good. This needs some explaining though.

The source said: “There is no shoot-to-kill policy in Iraq, but there are only a few ways of stopping a suicide bomber. A British lawyer is present during the planning stages of every operation and our troops operate under British rules, not American rules.”
This is the only bit that bugs me. Are British troops "shooting to scare", "shooting to wound" or "shooting to cause further consideration" etc. What? Surely if you shoot (your rifle or other lethal weapon), you intend to kill.

"There is no shoot to kill policy" is political talk that does not mean what it is saying. Just bugs me. Report writing should be brief and accurate.
 
#6
Perturbed said:
Good. This needs some explaining though.

The source said: “There is no shoot-to-kill policy in Iraq, but there are only a few ways of stopping a suicide bomber. A British lawyer is present during the planning stages of every operation and our troops operate under British rules, not American rules.”
This is the only bit that bugs me. Are British troops "shooting to scare", "shooting to wound" or "shooting to cause further consideration" etc. What? Surely if you shoot (your rifle or other lethal weapon), you intend to kill.

"There is no shoot to kill policy" is political talk that does not mean what it is saying. Just bugs me. Report writing should be brief and accurate.
Shades of NI in the '80's - nobody less a few pillowbiting lefties give a sh1t if we are killing them. More power to their elbow :twisted:
 
#8
When they got to heaven they saw 70 naked fat blokes, and asked God ...... wtf allah be great where are my 70 virgins? i only see fat man here...
God replied , Did i say they would be female?? :twisted:
 
#9
AJ-W said:
In one incident, SAS troops rented a pink pick-up truck, removed their body armour to blend in with locals, and drove through the traffic to catch a key target.

does this mean a pink pick up truck is now classed as 'ally' and also why did they pick pink im sure a black pick up would just be as good
Dejavu back in 91 remember painting 100's of 1 tonnies in a beigey shade of dusky pink being advised this would be advantagous in the early / late sun.
can confirm was bollox but our gay convor rolled on :roll:
 
#11
Good Drills, as one would expect from THEM. :D 8)

Makes you proud to be British! :salut:
 
#12
rickshaw-major said:
Perturbed said:
Good. This needs some explaining though.

The source said: “There is no shoot-to-kill policy in Iraq, but there are only a few ways of stopping a suicide bomber. A British lawyer is present during the planning stages of every operation and our troops operate under British rules, not American rules.”
This is the only bit that bugs me. Are British troops "shooting to scare", "shooting to wound" or "shooting to cause further consideration" etc. What? Surely if you shoot (your rifle or other lethal weapon), you intend to kill.

"There is no shoot to kill policy" is political talk that does not mean what it is saying. Just bugs me. Report writing should be brief and accurate.
Shades of NI in the '80's - nobody less a few pillowbiting lefties give a sh1t if we are killing them. More power to their elbow :twisted:
I certainly do not object to fundies being killed. I just dislike the weasel language.

Those daft claims will earn a few lawyers a lot of taxpayers money soon. I definitely object to that.
 
#13
FrankCastle said:
Good Drills, as one would expect from THEM. :D 8)

Makes you proud to be British! :salut:
I'm always proud to be British, old chap! :D

But you're right, of course; an outstanding performance, even by the high standards of THEM. 8)
 
#16
Al Qaeda and their ilk are actually breaking Islamic law. Suicide bombers, in particular, ignore a passage which expressly forbids taking ones own life or that of others in the name of Allah. Of course, there is nothing to permit fighting in self defence or defence of others. Like eveything else, that can be twisted around by extremists.
 
#18
Yokel said:
Al Qaeda and their ilk are actually breaking Islamic law. Suicide bombers, in particular, ignore a passage which expressly forbids taking ones own life or that of others in the name of Allah. Of course, there is nothing to permit fighting in self defence or defence of others. Like eveything else, that can be twisted around by extremists.
Do you care? Religious law can be interpreted any way you want. That is the reason (well 1 of them) that I prefer secular law.

Religious invisible sky pixie says "X". If you say "Y" you get stoned to death.

Wrong.

Some one claims that-Religious invisible sky pixie says "X". If you say "Y" you get stoned to death.

Gits!
 
#19
I can't understand why this is even in the news? What do people think that THEY would be doing in this past few years (albeit in the background)

The SAS were working with Delta back in Bosnia years ago, doing similar sort of stuff.

It's old news, not new news.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top