SAS - Greatest Ever Long Range Shot!

Just woke up and scrolled left on the iPhone and see the news head line, thought I’d share.

Fair play to the Canadian though, over 2 miles :clap:

I think that ever more outlandish fables are being created then leaked to the press to see just how gullible they are......

Apparently if you place the phrase ‘SAS’ in these tall tales then they’ll definitely appear in the mainstream press as purported actual events.

I think that ever more outlandish fables are being created then leaked to the press to see just how gullible they are......

Apparently if you place the phrase ‘SAS’ in these tall tales then they’ll definitely appear in the mainstream press as purported actual events.
Very true.When I was one of Them I killed six terrorists with one 7.62 round from my trusty SLR (with wooden furniture) from four miles,fired from a helicopter, at night, during a sandstorm.
I don't like to talk about it though.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm always amazed they can hit anything with black nasty over their eyes.

Very true.When I was one of Them I killed six terrorists with one 7.62 round from my trusty SLR (with wooden furniture) from four miles,fired from a helicopter, at night, during a sandstorm.
And I bet you still had the Harry Black over your eyes as well!

I'm always amazed they can hit anything with black nasty over their eyes.
They cheat. They put little pinholes in the tape before they put the tape over their eyes.

They're not so hot. The Womens Royal Auxiliary Balloon Corps could have them any day of the week.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Am I alone in thinking what a load of bolleaux journalism? We have:

The ISIS chief was struck down by the sniper with just a single bullet from 1.5 miles away

in the photo caption of a BFO sniper's rifle. Fair enough. Then (my bold):

A sergeant and veteran of the fighting in Iraq and Syria killed the terrorist with a single round from a .50 Calibre machine gun, the site reports.

Then we get:

His gun has reportedly been decommissioned and sent back to Hereford to mark the incredible shot.

Your average Sun reader will now believe that Them demigods use decommissioned machine guns for sniping.

And the editor let this go? I fúcking despair.

Last time you told that story, it was four terrorists from three miles away.

Am I alone in thinking what a load of bolleaux journalism? We have:

The ISIS chief was struck down by the sniper with just a single bullet from 1.5 miles away

in the photo caption of a BFO sniper's rifle. Fair enough. Then (my bold):

A sergeant and veteran of the fighting in Iraq and Syria killed the terrorist with a single round from a .50 Calibre machine gun, the site reports.

Then we get:

His gun has reportedly been decommissioned and sent back to Hereford to mark the incredible shot.

Your average Sun reader will now believe that Them demigods use decommissioned machine guns for sniping.

And the editor let this go? I fúcking despair.
In the Daily Wail we get this super photo with all kinds of very informative comments: