SAS Farewell

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by MrTracey, Aug 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Not first in threads about this though!!

2. Not that I am such a special soldier, but if I were ever axed because some beancounter decides so, I'd surely appreciate it if a major general would come to tell me! Even if he cannot be named...

3. True, but the latest article and confirmation.

Let's face it, if the 'Special Forces' sacred cow is being butchered, nothing else is going to be off limits.

4. Yes but the other thread isn't filled with enough wailing and nashing of teeth for MrTracey's taste, nor has it been derailed from the original topic to dripping about the fate of the TA in general.

5. Oldest trick in the book. "Reduce by a Regiment" = get rid of an RHQ and associated clag (lots of regular staff, by the way), make a headline that makes it look like you are taking real pain but end up with more or less the same number of actual fighting troops. I don't think anyone should be fooled into thinking that this is going to end up with a dramatic reduction in the number of 'blades'.

More interesting than 'losing a regiment' is what the SDSR ends up telling them they are there to do. SFSG lite ? Take on the LSDI role on NATO's flanks ?! IRs for the RMP ?

6. are they disbanding them or just cutting numbers?

7. As stated in MrT's link at the top of this page, rumour control has it that 23's time is up. Hopefully as already stated this will result in the culling of RHQ and all the deployable man-power being retained.

8. So does this imply teeth arm TA cuts around the 50% mark?

9. simple solution would be NOT to replace trident, and save a fekkin fortune

10. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

How exactly did you make that leap of logic?

11. TA SAS cut by half, TA SAS in TA Teeth Arm category ..... plus people will bite on here.

12. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

... and TA Teeth Arm in TA category; does that mean that the TA are going to be cut in half?

Yeah, OK mate, but if you look down past your feet you'll notice a blue and green ball shaped thing. That's planet Earth, feel free to join us any time you want.

13. As with the armies of the past, once used to win the good fight, get rid of them. It will never change same all over sadly.
    Paddy