SAS do it again

Discussion in 'Syria, Mali, Libya, Middle East & North Africa' started by zazabell_012, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As you wake this morning, this is the lead story in most papers. The SAS have rescued a number of Britons from Libya. I appreciate there have been whispers of such an operation for some days, now they have pulled it off.

Looks as though the 'boys' have brought off another excellent job, although it does appear that many Britons have been left behind, hardly surprising given the size and geography of Libya. As always with such operations there is little 'meat on the bones' in the articles, OPSEC and rightly so. Nonetheless, I take my hat off to the lads for another job well done :).

Have selected two articles that should satisfy all ideologies and foot kicking instincts here on ARRSE.

Special forces swoop on Libya to pull Britons to safety - Telegraph

Libya: Daring SAS mission rescues Britons and others from desert | World news |

Just to add those Daily Whale and Sun readers can do your own searching, as this girl does not do crap :)
  2. Not trying to be that guy...but they make it sound like the movie the "WILD GEESE" with a bunch of magnificently mustachioed men with names like "Dinger" and "Spud gun" whacking hordes of Libyans on their way to tea and medals.

Didn't they just fly in pick them up and off again?
  3. Stop it. There is no crisis in the Forces and all is just super fine. How could it be otherwise when them carry out so many heroic rescues for Joe Public to get all warm and wet over.
  4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

How many did they rescue ?
    2 x Hercs with 150 SAS (or Blades as the Daily Mail is refering to them)
    Couple of movers to check tickets
    RAF Police to make sure no one tries to get on board with a sharp knife or fork

"Scuse ranks but we've got room for two"
  5. LOL, did the daily wail really call them "blades"....priceless.
  6. the_boy_syrup

Perhaps it should read The SAS men known as blades because we once saw it used on some Army Website.....
  7. I thought they were called "blades" because of their badge...a sword?

DW making shit up again?
  8. the_boy_syrup

Thats what I thought it was the winged dagger
    Now if they use the phrase "Them" then we will know where they are getting it from
  9. Just reading it, the DW also has no clue of history and has mixed up the original SAS and the LRDG........
  10. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

The headline on the hard copy is even better.... BLADES in 2 inch High letters on the front page !!!!
  11. Sky News are reporting that it was the SBS and not "Them"!
  12. I also read that it was Them
    Lot Over There and not Them.
  13. "I can't believe it's not them"
  14. Was it 'Them', the 'Provisional Them', the 'Real Them' or the 'Continuity Them'?
  15. Priceless. :)

The name "wing dagger" was a nickname hated by the originals, as its not wings but flames from the sword of Damocles!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.