SAS Curry Night - Hols for Heroes - 29 October

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by Sandbanks, Oct 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, now we've got your attention, here's what you've all been waiting for: The next ARRSE curry night is scheduled for Thursday, 29th October and will be held at the usual SW London venue - The Bricklayer's Arms, Waterman Street, Putney SW15.

This time around we are going to go back to the original format where, as well as a bloody good ruby (meat and veggie options), we'll also be serving popadoms and sambals to recreate the whole Army curry experience. Price per person will be £10 and all profits will go to our favourite charidee (I know it was a fiver in the past but I felt they were struggling to do anything decent with the food towards the end at that price, plus I want to be able to donate a bit of moolah to the charity). The other change this time will be a change of chef. Instead of using the pub's chef as we have in the past (he has moved onto pastures new) Saintstone has kindly agreed to give up his time to cook for us. The pub is letting us use their kitchen etc free-of-charge and I believe that Dragknuckle has agreed to work in the pan-bash on the night so we don't have to pay anyone to do it so we can maximise the funds for 'Holidays for Heroes'.

All are welcome, in fact the more the merrier, so feel free to bring whoever you want. And for those of you wondering to yourselves ' So where do the SAS fit into all this?' Well that's easy, innit? SAINTSTONE & SANDBANKS - simples.

If you're coming just add your name after this and I'll start a list. Money will be taken on the night.
  2. Well done to you both. I'm in, thank you.
  3. I'm thinking of knocking up 2 meat curries, lamb and chicken and a veggie one. Rice, sambols, poppadoms and fresh home made naans, along with a coriander and chiili enhancement if you feel your curry isn't quite hot enough. :D

Edited to add, we need final numbers by 25th latest, cheers.
  4. Me too
  5. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

Are kids (14 months, no stranger to a pub) allowed to come?
  6. Will check if available. Will have to buy em both a pint for their efforts.
  7. I'm afraid they operate a strict policy on no kids after 8pm as there is no separate eating area. If it was in the summer it wouldn't be a problem as we could go outside into the garden. Hope you can still make it though.
  8. Sounds good, count me in as long as someone makes Saintstone wash his hands first :D
  9. Might be able to come. Waiting for a contract 'abroad' at the moment and may be deployed end of October ... will let you know as soon as I do.
  10. Ditto on may be able to come also. Looking at moving to London for a bit come November so will have to see how things go.

11. Washng his hands won't make any difference - he stirs his curries with his knob, that's what makes them so special :D
  12. What an image... I don't think I want to know how he makes the mutter paneer, do I? :puker:
  13. That's a new take on zwaffelling............dip in tumeric first.
  14. I will try to make it :) and Geisha as well
  15. For those interested, I will be raffling a copy of the MACS Manual as well.