• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

SAS Curry Night - Hols for Heroes - 29 October

Right, now we've got your attention, here's what you've all been waiting for: The next ARRSE curry night is scheduled for Thursday, 29th October and will be held at the usual SW London venue - The Bricklayer's Arms, Waterman Street, Putney SW15.

This time around we are going to go back to the original format where, as well as a bloody good ruby (meat and veggie options), we'll also be serving popadoms and sambals to recreate the whole Army curry experience. Price per person will be £10 and all profits will go to our favourite charidee (I know it was a fiver in the past but I felt they were struggling to do anything decent with the food towards the end at that price, plus I want to be able to donate a bit of moolah to the charity). The other change this time will be a change of chef. Instead of using the pub's chef as we have in the past (he has moved onto pastures new) Saintstone has kindly agreed to give up his time to cook for us. The pub is letting us use their kitchen etc free-of-charge and I believe that Dragknuckle has agreed to work in the pan-bash on the night so we don't have to pay anyone to do it so we can maximise the funds for 'Holidays for Heroes'.

All are welcome, in fact the more the merrier, so feel free to bring whoever you want. And for those of you wondering to yourselves ' So where do the SAS fit into all this?' Well that's easy, innit? SAINTSTONE & SANDBANKS - simples.

If you're coming just add your name after this and I'll start a list. Money will be taken on the night.

I'm thinking of knocking up 2 meat curries, lamb and chicken and a veggie one. Rice, sambols, poppadoms and fresh home made naans, along with a coriander and chiili enhancement if you feel your curry isn't quite hot enough. :D

Edited to add, we need final numbers by 25th latest, cheers.

terroratthepicnic said:
Are kids (14 months, no stranger to a pub) allowed to come?
I'm afraid they operate a strict policy on no kids after 8pm as there is no separate eating area. If it was in the summer it wouldn't be a problem as we could go outside into the garden. Hope you can still make it though.

Might be able to come. Waiting for a contract 'abroad' at the moment and may be deployed end of October ... will let you know as soon as I do.

Sandbanks said:
_Artemis_ said:
Sounds good, count me in as long as someone makes Saintstone wash his hands first :D
Washng his hands won't make any difference - he stirs his curries with his knob, that's what makes them so special :D
What an image... I don't think I want to know how he makes the mutter paneer, do I? :puker:

Sandbanks said:
_Artemis_ said:
Sounds good, count me in as long as someone makes Saintstone wash his hands first :D
Washng his hands won't make any difference - he stirs his curries with his knob, that's what makes them so special :D
That's a new take on zwaffelling............dip in tumeric first.

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Sandbanks said:
terroratthepicnic said:
I'm afraid they operate a strict policy on no kids after 8pm as there is no separate eating area. If it was in the summer it wouldn't be a problem as we could go outside into the garden. Hope you can still make it though.
My brother-in-law is hoping to be over on a course that week. If he is, I will drag him to the pub. If not then I doubt I will be attending.

terroratthepicnic said:
Sandbanks said:
terroratthepicnic said:
My brother-in-law is hoping to be over on a course that week. If he is, I will drag him to the pub. If not then I doubt I will be attending.
Just keep us posted

With regret I am not going to make it. I am flying to the Falklands on 28th October and will be there on a 3 month contract which may be extended.

If you haven't been to a Putney thrash and are considering it then I can highly recommend it. Good company, good food, good beer and good banter.

Have a great evening folks.

Latest Threads