SAS and SRR reconaissance

#1
(Apologies if this is in the wrong forum)

Can anyone tell me the difference in types of work the SRR would do as opposed to SAS covert work?

Obviously only give examples to stop security breaches. Im just trying to see what the SRR would do which SAS do not, as i thought SAS would do reconaissance also??
 
#2
Mate, theres no TA SRR, you're still a civilian, so you wouldn't be eligible for SRR selection for a good time yet anyway.

You've been told all this in the TA forum, so phone 21 or join the Regulars and keep your head down for a few years.

Either way, you won't get a lot apart from verbal abuse here.
 
#5
SRR have less impressive moustaches.
 
#6
SRR are encouraged to grow moustaches, SAS have to have them........ Queens Regulations state that this is a totally non-exempt policy.
 
#8
Do the SRR get issued black eye bars too?
 
#9
The_Dragoon said:
SRR are encouraged to grow moustaches, SAS have to have them........ Queens Regulations state that this is a totally non-exempt policy.
SRR are discouraged to grow moustaches as they would not blend in with civpop... unless in Brighton.
 
#12
I've obviously drunk too much Black Douglas Ale, as I'm about to attempt a serious answer...SRR were set up to carry out covert surveillance, thus freeing up SAS soldiers for direct action missions. The SRR is a tri-Service unit, with many Operators having previously served with 14 Int.

Because they were set up after the non-disclosure forms were introduced, you will not find any SRR-porn books.

There. Now if you'll excuse me, the contents of my stomach have an urgent appointment with the cludgy...
 
#14
Werewolf said:
...SRR were set up to carry out covert surveillance, thus freeing up SAS soldiers for direct action missions.
You read too much Andy Macnab!
 

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
#16
I'm getting a hard on, what with all this talk about THEM, black tape and 'direct action'.

Any second now, Dinger and Stan will be 'eyes on' the target, pulling out their 9mm's from their jeans, and 'giving the good news' to the 'player'. Or screaming round corners in a Saab, firing their 'longs' through the windows.

And I'm spent...
 
#17
Command_doh said:
I'm getting a hard on, what with all this talk about THEM, black tape and 'direct action'.

Any second now, Dinger and Stan will be 'eyes on' the target, pulling out their 9mm's from their jeans, and 'giving the good news' to the 'player'. Or screaming round corners in a Saab, firing their 'longs' through the windows.

And I'm spent...
God, I feel all dirty now...and not in a good way... :oops:
 
#18
SurveyCommando said:
The_Dragoon said:
SRR are encouraged to grow moustaches, SAS have to have them........ Queens Regulations state that this is a totally non-exempt policy.
SRR are discouraged to grow moustaches as they would not blend in with civpop... unless in Brighton.
In fact members of Disguise Troop, G Sqn SSR have to grow only one half of a moustache, in that they may whip off their Oakleys or Ray bans and offer the opposite profile providing, thus an instant tactical change of apperance. This SOP applies to both male and female members of the Troop.

The reversible WindStopper (TM) fleece and matching TNF Shemagh, is still under wraps in Ops Research.

If you want to stay in the TA you could ask your Adjutant about Operation EMPATHISE, pre selection for service with R Bty, ( Caubeen's Own), 49 PARA RHA (V).
 
#19
**** me.... either I'm hungover and being a miserable twat or is this a serious attempt at posting pointless drivel.

Actually, I think its both...
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top