SAS - and Int Corps - No Nobbys or Doris's

Dubb_al_Ibn

War Hero
Since both of those are manifestly untrue, I doubt they qualify as either witty or cutting. Your average SF meeting-taker in 2022 is probably several levels more academically, professionally, and security qualified than your average SF-posted Int Corps analyst.

I must say, I'm very sad not to have been in this former Int Corps of yore. It appears to have been exclusively populated by forecasting savants with multiple PhDs and STRAP 62 for every compartment known to NATO. Are you sure you are thinking of actual Int Corps analysts, and not Jack Ryan?
You're thinking of 3MI Bn.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
In my 14 years in the Corps I can't ever remember anyone referring to "green slime" (well, not in my hearing, anyway).

Deaf twat.

1657016086911.png

I said, "DEAF TWAT ! ! ! "

In my 14 years in the Corps I can't ever remember anyone referring to "green slime" (well, not in my hearing, anyway). However, there was a time at 19 Bde when everyone started to refer to the "Gardening Corps."
I never thought of it as derogatory. Gertrude Jekyll would have been proud of us as 82 Int Section spent a day and a half laying out dozens of potted plants around the square prior to Beating Retreat.
That's the first time I have heard of 'the Bishop' being called retreat!

Since both of those are manifestly untrue, I doubt they qualify as either witty or cutting. Your average SF meeting-taker in 2022 is probably several levels more academically, professionally, and security qualified than your average SF-posted Int Corps analyst.

I must say, I'm very sad not to have been in this former Int Corps of yore. It appears to have been exclusively populated by forecasting savants with multiple PhDs and STRAP 62 for every compartment known to NATO. Are you sure you are thinking of actual Int Corps analysts, and not Jack Ryan?

Obviously you don't like my SOH. Then again, one of my confidential reports did state that I had a tendency to be facetious.

Yes - I had first hand experience of working with SF and their attached int chaps in the 1980s. We actually got on pretty well with them, and had no problems swapping insults... banter as required.

Of course, we were there to provide int expertise which they did not have in house. Some of us even had a letter of thanks from the CO 22 SAS for their work, in particular picking up on, and identifying problems with certain NATO tasking requirements which the badged guys had not identified or were even aware of.

They did their job and we did ours.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Funny you should say that, back in the mists of time at 24 Airportable Bde when we were still at Barnard Castle, one of the RAOC clerks would call them nothing other than 'Scalief***ers'.
I was attached to 24 bde in 1967 in Aden. Not sure I'm allowed to say what we called signallers then, not on this thread.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I take great offence at the use of the word 'budgie' to describe the finest battle honour that ever graced my head.
Where do I claim my compo?
You can pick up a box of Trill over there------>

1202PL.jpg

Fun fact, I'm currently listening to "Bravo Two Zero" and there's a trigger warning about derogatory language, specifically, Mr McNab calling his Iraqi captors who beat him up and tortured him: "Ragheads" and "Jundis."

I think that's fair enough if you're getting duffed up and spat on all the time.
I wonder what the Iraqis called us during that time?