SAS, A soldiers story

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by spike7451, Mar 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Being repeated on Monday nights ITV4 at 2100Hrs.
    I have the book but never saw the tv docu,any good?
  2. Its excellant Spike well worth a look, a lot of old hands from the 60's / 70's telling it in their own only disappointment was it was too short .
  3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Cheers! :D
  4. cheers - have set the freeview box to record it :)
  5. "ditto"
  6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

On now!
  7. The one about Mirbat is awesome.
  8. Thanks for the heads up that was a good watch last night.
    I never realised one chap got stuck on his abseil down :-D
  9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Bet his de-briefing & bar bill was high that week!
    Mind you,I did think that the UK's image as a soft touch was shattered then (Until bLair took over UK (PLC) that is)
  10. I think the guy caught on the rope was Frank Collins who became a Reverend when he left the Army and later commited suicide while suffering from depression
  11. As far as I recall, Frank Collins was involved in the assault, but it was a Fijian trooper who got caught on his way down, and ended up with some pretty nasty burns....Pretty sure it was Frank Collins book that mentioned it...
  12. Read the link but it does't mention the name of the guy who was hung up, sure TP's name is mentioned but not as that guy,however it does in various SAS histories also in the SAS Soldiers Story book say its Frank Collins
  13. Sorry it wasn't. He is Figian (?sp) and still very much alive.
  14. Not correct. Tommy suffered head burns on entry, pulled his hood and respirator off and continued onwards to good effect.