SAS – Bravo Three Zero.

SAS – Bravo Three Zero.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
I'll tell you who'd know - that author bloke who was on here a while ago. Said everyone who'd been there was wrong and he was right, even though he's never been to the FI and it was 40 years later.

Can't remember his name for the life of me....

I'll tell you who'd know - that author bloke who was on here a while ago. Said everyone who'd been there was wrong and he was right, even though he's never been to the FI and it was 40 years later.

Can't remember his name for the life of me....
This bloke?

Bluenose2

War Hero
Oh good God, please don't mention the site's Moronic Voldermort (Phillips) and his bizarre claims of napalm-atomised skeletons, sunken LCPs and photographing the Loch Ness Monster....

On the point of Them. Ben McIntyre's 'Rogue Warriors' is a good account of the early days of the SAS.

Mistakes made by B20, or by the Regiment in the FI - especially Operation Paraquet and the dash for King Edwards Point which is very hard to defend - etc pale in comparison to those by Stirling et al.

But without those mistakes, lessons couldn't have been learned and obviously their net contribution was enormous.

He Who Dares (Usually) Wins.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
This bloke?

That's the one.

Second thoughts, let's not bother with it.

It's only been 40 years. Sooner or later the truth will out ^~

FFS, Bletchley Park was busted within 3 decades of its closure: what chance is there that a bunch of hired guns could beat that degree of OPSEC?
David Smiley and co managed to keep Op Embarras quiet for around 60 years.....can be done.

I think Andy Massey was DSF as a Brigadier back then. The Deputy DSF was a RM SBS full Colonel.

It makes you wonder what ROE's were used on SAS operation in Iraqi and Syria against ISIS from 2014. No Staff Officers, annoying reporters or the likes of Shiner and Leigh Day touting for buisness there.

Indeed it would be quite a fantasy to imagine Shiner and Leigh Day in ISIS Orange jump suits standing next to Jihadi John.

Excellent post though.

Just seen this.
Oh yes there were. We bumped into German and UK SF outside of Manbij in Northern Syria. The latter were somewhat surprised to see us as ISIS were a few streets away. It seemed we had inadvertently parked up outside their FOB.
Not long after we were messing around in the region Sgt. Matt Tonroe (SAS and 3 PARA) was killed in Manbij when a Delta operator accidentally detonated a grenade whilst they were resting.

David Smiley and co managed to keep Op Embarras quiet for around 60 years.....can be done.
Provided that you're operating with the machinery of State security backing you up.

I somehow can't see how that would apply to a bunch of soldiers of fortune/ dogs of war chancing their arms in the FI in the pay of a soon-to-be-defunct-and-disgraced Argentine junta.

Provided that you're operating with the machinery of State security backing you up.

I somehow can't see how that would apply to a bunch of soldiers of fortune/ dogs of war chancing their arms in the FI in the pay of a soon-to-be-defunct-and-disgraced Argentine junta.
I wouldn't disagree with the premise, though Smiley's group did include a 'flyer with a boat' and a spurious cover story that involved flogging tax free 'fags' in the med. I guess I'm just pissed at not having been involved :cool:

Sorry, did I prevent you from typing one of your posts several pages long. (At least they seem like that).
d9b05c5b5ed722a28dc8a224a3888692--vic-reeves-comedy-tv.jpg

Latest Threads