Sarkozy Claims Team GB Gold

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Sangreal, Aug 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I see on page three in today's Telegraph that Nicolas Sarkozy has claimed victory for the EU in the Olympic Games by consolidating all EU countries' medals (of which the UK and Germany form the bulk).

Clearly this is a victory for all Europe and is in no way connected with France's dismal performance!

2. 2012 and the EU flag and anthem will be used if the Euroscum get their way.

Hopefully the Tories may actually give us a say but you know what? I doubt it.

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Watch out folks - the London Olympics will be heralded as a great event for . . . . . the EU. Only problem is, the EU won't be funding it thank you very much.

4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Clearly it is a great victory for the EU in the same way that Waterloo was :wink:

5. You are just one angry little man.

6. He can have all of the GB medals if I can have a go on his missus.

7. True, true, but then again, I have every right to be angry given the foul circumstances we find ourselves in.

A pox on all politicians especially the pro EU ones!

8. I did notice that in the Olympic Boxing the commentators were often referring to the "European Union Championships". Is this just the tip of the iceberg? Could 2012 be the last time we see a Team GB?

9. by the sounds of things Beijing 2008 could have been the last time there is a team GB

10. So does that mean we can claim... Sorry, can't think of anything worth claiming off the French.

11. Well, if we count our medals and the Americans', then the AngloSpam team wins hands down and Sarkozy can go back to the more important business of trying to stop other people rogering his wife.