Sarkozy; calls for "Entente amicale"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bravo_Bravo, Mar 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been listening to the French President with a mixture of astonishment and delight. He is calling for a completely new and much improved relationship between the UK and France; he is being incredibly generous in his praise of the UK and I think I've seen the start of a new age in the relationship between the two countries.

He is even saying he'll increase the French presence in Afghan.

Anyone else caught this?

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

3. And his Mrs looked pretty foxy in her grey outfit

4. I would entente big time his Mrs

she has to be the best looking "first lady" type person

well at least since Hilary CLinton moved on and Ian Paisley wife doesnt count

5. I remember hearing him say something like "Britain has the most significant military in Europe" (but he said it in French, biensur!)

6. Entente Comicale. If the French want an agreement then it's for their benefit not ours. Mrs S looked better than he 1993 pic in the Sun though and the pageantry was first class.

7. What, are the French finally surrendering?

8. I have to say, I really couldn't believe my ears when I heard him addressing parliament today

OK, they are obviously sniffing for a slice of a huge nuclear power generation programme, but it makes a refreshing change from the usual nationalist cr*ap.

And his missus did look fairly fit, too

9. The new Mrs S, is indeed quite a fox.

Be good if they built us some Nuclear Power Plants and a decent High Speed Rail network!

10. Very curious.

Almost without exception contributors to ARRSE have a very healthy and well justified contempt for the British political class.

Sarkozy is not British, but that doesn’t make him any more credible than our own politicians.

Can’t remember who said it and I am probably misquoting, but - “There are no permanent allies, there are only national interests”.

11. Here ya go France we will share our Nuclear Know how......Please accept this on behalf of Great Britain :roll:

Attached Files:

12. What was that old joke about the perfect Europe?

Heaven is a Europe where the British are the policemen, the French are the chefs, the Italians are the lovers, the Germans the engineers, and everything organised by the Swiss.

What we've ended up with is a Europe where the Germans are the policeman, the British are the chefs, the Swiss the lovers, the French the engineers, and everything organised by the Italians

I have a healthy mistrust of all Europeans, especially the French, but I live in hope that my prejudices will be proved groudless

14. Lord Palmerstone and, no, you're not misquoting.

15. It'll be a cold day in Hell when the Frogs are trustworthy.