Sarcasm?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Jul 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is well timed,well delivered and balanced sarcasm ever a good thing?

2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

what an incredibly interesting and worthwhile post.

3. Allways !

4. Ha, I see what you did there...

You got there first, damn you.

Remember children, Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence!

5. Sarcasm, hmmmmmmmmmmm let me see

Fuckoff!!

That works. Especialy on our colonial cousins who wouldn't recognise well crafted sarcasm if it bit them on the arrse

6. I always use sarcasm and smart arsed comments at work, yes it gets me in the shit but dammit it makes my day go quicker ;D

7. It is usually totally lost on women though. Well it is on my wife anyway :roll:

MB

8. I was out Sarcasmed / Ironied by a yank the other day. I couldn't believe it. I wanted to kill myself...

9. I shall sit back and think of an extremely good and long contribution to add to this most interesting and worthwhile thread.
    Unfortunately It may take some time tho.

10. I hear it works well during water boarding.

11. TC here's a bottle of Whisky and the regtl revolver, I thnk you know the sketch!! :wink:

12. If sarcasm is the lowest form of wit then cliché is the lowest form of conversation.

It's just something said by those who are utterly incapable of mastering it and as such, frequently fall victim to it.

13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Fascinating.

14. I aim to please.

15. I sincerely hope that you have carried out your promise and ended it all. I am currently surrounded by millions of our American cousins with ranks ranging from MSgt to 3 Star. Most of them think that irony is something to make your clothes flat and they wouldn't notice sarcasm if it dropped through the roof strapped to a JDAM ridden by the ghost of Marilyn Monroe singing 'we're off to see the wizard'.

In answer to the original question - sarcasm absolutely has a place in every walk of life and most definitely in the military. It should, however, only be used in the hands of a skilled proponent; there are few things worse than a 'tard who thinks he's funny but actually isn't.

PS I may have exagerated the numbers of Americans ever so slightly.