Sarcasm?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
what an incredibly interesting and worthwhile post.

maguire said:
what an incredibly interesting and worthwhile post.
Ha, I see what you did there...

You got there first, damn you.

Remember children, Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence!

Sarcasm, hmmmmmmmmmmm let me see

Fuckoff!!

That works. Especialy on our colonial cousins who wouldn't recognise well crafted sarcasm if it bit them on the arrse

I shall sit back and think of an extremely good and long contribution to add to this most interesting and worthwhile thread.
Unfortunately It may take some time tho.

vvaannmmaann said:
Is well timed,well delivered and balanced sarcasm ever a good thing?
I hear it works well during water boarding.

The_Cheat said:
I was out Sarcasmed / Ironied by a yank the other day. I couldn't believe it. I wanted to kill myself...
TC here's a bottle of Whisky and the regtl revolver, I thnk you know the sketch!! :wink:

If sarcasm is the lowest form of wit then cliché is the lowest form of conversation.

It's just something said by those who are utterly incapable of mastering it and as such, frequently fall victim to it.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
March_Hare said:
If sarcasm is the lowest form of wit then cliché is the lowest form of conversation.

It's just something said by those who are utterly incapable of mastering it and as such, frequently fall victim to it.
Fascinating.

The_Cheat said:
I was out Sarcasmed / Ironied by a yank the other day. I couldn't believe it. I wanted to kill myself...
I sincerely hope that you have carried out your promise and ended it all. I am currently surrounded by millions of our American cousins with ranks ranging from MSgt to 3 Star. Most of them think that irony is something to make your clothes flat and they wouldn't notice sarcasm if it dropped through the roof strapped to a JDAM ridden by the ghost of Marilyn Monroe singing 'we're off to see the wizard'.

In answer to the original question - sarcasm absolutely has a place in every walk of life and most definitely in the military. It should, however, only be used in the hands of a skilled proponent; there are few things worse than a 'tard who thinks he's funny but actually isn't.

PS I may have exagerated the numbers of Americans ever so slightly.

I was always taught that sarcasm was the lowest form of wit but the highest form of humour.

Well I thought as a teenager I was witty and funny but I used to get knocked to Fcuk by my Mum for being a sarcastic bastard

dogfondler said:
March_Hare said:
Did you see Emmerdale last night? You did? Then you would know that that was a line from the show, wouldn't you? :roll:
I was going to make reference to Emmerdale aswell, but thought it was gay so didn't. And the ....errr ....wife was watching it, I was sat on the sofa doing something really manly

BigV said:
dogfondler said:
March_Hare said:
Did you see Emmerdale last night? You did? Then you would know that that was a line from the show, wouldn't you? :roll:
I was going to make reference to Emmerdale aswell, but thought it was gay so didn't. And the ....errr ....wife was watching it, I was sat on the sofa doing something really manly
errmm yes, quite. I wasn't watching it either. The wife told me about it. (My wife, not yours).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Int Corps 71