Sarah Connor Chronicles

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Croque_Monsieur, Aug 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't know if this is showing everywhere yet, TV series based on the aftermath of T2. Watched the first double episode last night. Pretty good stuff I must say, plus the "friendly" Termy now looks like this:

Which in itself is a reason for watching. "Come with me if you want to live" brought a whole different meaning for some reason :oops:

2. Watched the whole first series a couple of weeks ago on dvd, and yes it is pretty good

And hell yes to Summer Glau, the new teen terminator

She used to be in Firefly and the spin off movie Serenity

3. Lena Heady played doctors and nurses with a lad from Denby Dale, he still spins that dit every time we go up there.

4. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

*sigh* wish I had a Summer Glau type terminator to tuck me in at night...soooo you have to obey my every command?

5. It's been axed by Fox - 2nd season was mainly rubbish and ratings fell drastically. Pity - it had potential.

6. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Hmmm, didn't know it was axed, but I seriously lost interest in the 2nd season. The quality of the storylines went down considerably. Considering they had a short first season due to the Writers strike, perhaps this just indicated how hard it would be to persist with the 'run away from the robot' premise week in week out.

7. I did'nt manage to catch the new Terminator movie, but it got some bad reviews. Anyone here see it?

8. Not seen the new movie either, I'm curious too.

I saw the first couple of series of "Sarah", and while a good idea, thought they were kack.

The actress that plays Sarah was worth the watch though.

9. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

I saw the latest Terminator movie when it came out. It was okay. There was marginally more plot to it than T3, which was a glorified car chase from start to finish. In T4 I was disappointed with the much-hyped CGI Arnie, but that was my opinion. If it hadn't been hyped, maybe I wouldn't have clicked that I was seeing Arnie from a good few years ago and the seams might not have been so obvious. (I think it was mainly down to focus: from memory, the CGI Arnie was in rather softer focus than everything about him.)

It just about did the trick, but not as good as the new Star Trek film I saw a couple of weeks before that. Seriously well-done film.

10. Terminator Salvation was rubbish; huge plot holes and Christian Bale waffling on about the Resistance in that annoying Batman voice.

Good action and SFX admittedly, very Transformers-like. Also a hilarious cameo from a young-looking Arnie - that's about it.

Definitely the weakest Terminator so far, they should have left it well enough alone.

11. Seconded. Excellent movie 8)

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I saw T4 recently and liked it, not as good as T1 or T2 but as I believe T5 and T6 are already filmed and will come out over the next couple of years I am expecting good things.

I didn't notice at plot holes Taz, like what?