Saracens

Discussion in 'RAC' started by gauis, Nov 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello there all, iam trying to find any pictures Of Saracen mk5 ambulances and Saracen mk5 and mk6's in kremlin 2 armour ie now known as bar armour.Can anyone help.

2. Hi there,

Try Google,

An example:

Attached Files:

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'll have a look at my belfast pics, still had one for starlight in 83!

4. The sarrycan, fondly remembered.

5. Don't know what Mk, but def an ambulance.

Attached Files:

• 39f.jpg
      File size:
      43.4 KB
      Views:
  6. Hmm, the sardine-can - fondly remembered screeming its engines around Belfast with some little spotty faced RCT driver at the controls.

BT

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Crashing across Glenalina round about with that really bloody loud siren going and a spotty scouse driver screaming at every nissan in the way!

8. WTF, what is that big black thing looks like something the fecking A-Team would use :? . Looks like Golf GTI headlights on the damn thing. I used to drive around NI (posted to the 9/12, `77. Sorry about pinching your car Al!) in a nice one never gave me any bother at all. Bit cold on the face at times though. Always used one at Catterick for trips round the garrison and WRVS, it was great for picking up the dry-cleaning you could hang all your stuff up in the turret and no creases! Till the SSM found out. Bugger! :p

9. SARADIN a "slightly" modified 1 RTR Saracen at RUC Belleek 1973/4.

Well if Oddball in Kellys Heroes can do it!!!!

Apparantly it looked very convincing from the other side of the border.

Attached Files:

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Oddly enough we were tasked with creating some bluff incidents just before my first tour ended, you know the sort of thing?
    Having a GPMG on top cover in Belfast, making a fake M203 under 2 or 3 slrs in the platoon. Just to keep them on their toes before we handed over!