Saracen Still In Use (by G20 demonstrators !)

Hey if it ain't broke! Think most of the squad seating area is now filled by the water tank for the water cannon. Besides the old Saracen has a bit of intimidation factor about it and is also better armoured than some of its more modern replacements - although I will be suprised if there are any RPG's flying around in our nations capital this evening!!!!

A bunch of former Hong Kong Police ones came up for sale a year or two ago.
Looks very much like one of them, they sold for peanuts, quite facied one myself

brighton hippy said:
protestors taking the mick they auctioned off a 432 outside that arms fair last year :D
Knew it was too good to be true! The old girl looks the part though you must admit. You could just here all of the old B Fitters grabbing their pens and appyling for jobs to keep the bugger on the road!

colton said:
I think it was the protesters in the saracen.

The police just stopped it to check it out.
According to some websites it was a protestors wagon from a group called Space Hijackers. (Click Here) They'd painted it blue and dressed up like riot police as a 'statement or police intentions' :? (or possibly intended on using it and their uniforms to create confusion in the police ranks, and causing greater damage :evil: )

Now personally, seeing as the protesters now have better wagons than the old bill, I think the Met should invest in some new kit as well.

Attachments

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
May be a little difficult to maneouvre around the City of London, unless the Met is happy to stump up for the occasional new building.

Hoochie said:
Hey if it ain't broke! Think most of the squad seating area is now filled by the water tank for the water cannon. Besides the old Saracen has a bit of intimidation factor about it and is also better armoured than some of its more modern replacements - although I will be suprised if there are any RPG's flying around in our nations capital this evening!!!!
It was a group of protestors driving it. There are no water cannon in service in the UK except in NI.

LEGZ30 said:
Hoochie said:
It was a group of protestors driving it. There are no water cannon in service in the UK except in NI.
There should be if the news today is owt to go by! I know a few export 'Police Specials' had a water connon in place of the old .30 cal.

EX_STAB said:
Hoochie said:
Christ, with the white scheme the old 432 looks like the Space Tank off the Gerry Anderson TV show Space 1999!!!
I'm only getting a red cross! (work won't do Photobucket). But if its the wagon I think it is Gerry's obviously used a Tamiya 1/35 Chieftain for the base chassis. Check out the idlers, sprockets, return rollers , tracks and wheels (with cleverly hidden hubs!). All of them straight of the Chiefy!