Sappers or Signals

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by one_pip_wonder, Nov 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just got my application for my main board through the door and I've reached the question on my choice of Arms or Service and Regiment. I know I would like to put the Royal Regiment of Scotland down as my Inf choice but as I have both an IT and Engineering background the Signals and Sappers both appeal to me. Basically I'm trying to make up my mind how to list them. As it's an important desicion I thought 'I know I'll tell the internet and see what they have to say'

So the only way I can think to settle it is in the age honoured tradition of an internet slagging match, who would win in a fight between the Royal Signals and the Royal Engineers?

2. X59

X59 LE

You don't know ?

Well fuck off to the signals then.

3. Unless you can drink a pint of my piss, you'd better join the Jimmys.

4. I heard the last person to do that died of chronic Genital warts of the stomach lining, apparently the medical profession is still mystified by it.

5. Genital warts .... of the stomach lining. somewhat infeasible, that. Now I might hold my hand up to being responsible for someone's gentile warts of the stomach lining. Anyway too much chatter from you, bonny lad. Drink up or start practising the art of saying "Certa Cito" with a plum in your mouth. I said plum not bell end.

6. What you have to decide is who you want to take the piss out of you, because as a young 2nd Lt that's whats going to happen.

Do you want to be the butt of jokes made by grubby builder types with huge caloused hands or quick witted spekky IT geeks?

It's your party, Sir!

7. Steady now, some of em like it rough.

8. Fixed it for you, you thick bleep mlarr.

9. Sappers is it is then, I did my basic with them (no not THEM) as one of 7 REME entrants. I'm used to having the piss taken by sappers, after 6 months non stop of it, good banter.

10. .- -. -.. -.-- --- ..- .-. .-. . .- ... --- -. ... ..-. --- .-. -.-. .... --- --- ... .. -. --. - .... . -. .- .- ..-. .. ..-. --- .-. ..- -- ..-. --- .-. -.-- --- ..- .-. -.. .. .-.. . -- -- .- .- .-. . -....- .--. .-.. . .- ... . --. --- .- .... . .- -.. .- -. -.. . -. .-.. .. --. .... - . -. ..- ... ..--..

11. If you read the end of my post I think that is more suited to the NAAFI than another serious forum.

12. zbm 2 zbm 2

13. ...ZBK2...

14. What is all this morse and code rubbish? Dont you realise there are some ex Green Slime on here who haven't got a clue about such isoteric practices!!

15. .--. .-. --- -... .- -... .-.. -.-- / .--- ..- ... - / -... . -.-. .- ..- ... . / .. - / .-- .- ... / .... .- -. -.. -.-- / .- - / - .... . / - .. -- . / - .... . / .- --.. -.-- / ... --- -.. / -.. . ..-. ..-. -.-- / - .... . / ... .. --. -. .- .-.. ... / ..-. --- .-. / .... .. --

*Whoops, my bad that should be .-.. .- --.. -.--