Sapper Life

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Fozza, Feb 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im joining as a sapper, (general fitter) mechanical. how often do sappers see combat? where and how long are the postings? how often do they go on tour and for how long? appreciate it if anyone that can help me out. cheers guys!

2. R E

click on the above.

3. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

There are a whole series of links at the top of the Sapper Baord which will help you here.

If you want to see something about Sappers in combat check the You Tube links from Ross Kemp's first series on Afghanistan.

4. Cheers for that guys

are there any experienced sappers who could maybe share their experiences with me. It would be much appreciated. i can provide my phone number if someone will help me out.

once again, cheers lads

5. First lesson. Personal security. Fella dont give your number out to anyone you dont know. You can find out all you need to know on the net or in this forum if you look and ask. :wink:

6. fair enough. Can somone please help me out with my initial post. i have read all i can about the sapper's but there are still unanswered questions i have which can only be answered by someone's personal experience.

7. Fozza, if you have got a sister who is willing I will tell you everything you need! :p

That aside Engineers really are everywhere. Just go to the RE web sites and you will see it all. The Corps is roughly 14% of the Army and meeting 25% of the deployed force! (something like that).

I'll need pictures of your sister (or mom if she is under 50) before I can tell you anything else :wink:

8. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

9. R-G are you setting yourself some standards? That'll make a change :twisted: :p :lol:

10. Engineer life goes a bit like this.

Tour, dig, dig, build, contact, dig, build.

Leave

Camp, f ucked about, lager, wee your bed, wee someone elses bed, wee in someones pocket, f ucked about., paint stuff, oil stuff

Leave

Tour, dig, build, contact, dig build

Leave

Camp, f ucked about, lager, naked bar, toga parties, wee your bed, paint stuff, oil stuff.

Repeat, ad infinitum.

hope this helps :)

11. You missed out the delights of Chatham upon Mudway Shortfuse.

12. clearly sappers have little access to women :) i'll have to reconsider haha. trying to get an insight course, i've e-mailed the careers address already. Whats the 1.5m run time i will need to pass to become a sapper. im training to get it under 10 mins!

thanks guys

13. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

That will do.

14. I can tell you about the life of a Sapper in Normandy 1944, That was one of constant activity, It became so busy that i learned to sleep standing up....But it has little relativity with today's Sapper lives, unless on active service.
    swordman

15. How often do the sappers travel on exercises? where are are the usaul postings and how long are the terms?