Santander - doing a good thing

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by alfred_the_great, Dec 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All,

in the spirit of letting no good deed go unpunished...

I've been assigned away from my base port area, and thus have begun to rent out my house. Normally Santander charge £295 for permission to vary your mortgage like this, however, without prompting they noted I was a member of the Armed Forces and have subsequently refunded that money.

Nice little Xmas gift!

2. I'll prepare a press release.

3. They are softening you up for the rate hike next month.

4. Thats a surprise, i applied for a loan with them last December, they offered me an APR of 24% ! I have excellent on my credit rating score, they said the high APR was due to being in the armed forces- apparently a high risk job! Robbing B*****ds!

5. Yep robbing bastards I wouldn't trust them would love to change but I'm restricted at present. They put a stop on my debit card so it was turned down but I knew I had been paid so I phoned them. Gave the security number on the back of the card, date of birth, regular direct debit but because I couldn't remember how much I had spent in Tescos I was told I had failed the security check I HATE the feckers