Santa Sacked

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Napoleon_Bunnyparte, Dec 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Link: Burton News & Staffordshire Newspaper | Burton On Trent Local Newspaper Headlines | Daily Mail | Santa's sacked after 34 years

Whilst reading the on-line "quality" rag that is my local paper I came upon this news story (Not really news but Burton is a bit small and dated).

The paragraph that dropped my jaw was the following from the Head Teacher why Santa cannot visit her school:

“For some, Christmas is a very enjoyable time, but for others it can be a very stressful and inexplicable time, especially for those with complex autism spectrum disorders. So we want to provide a range of experiences that suit the children’s needs.”

Not a fecking clue what this woman is on about and it all smacks of PC brigade gone wrong. She must be about to regret this statement.

By the way "Happy Christmas all"

2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

So basically she's ruined it for everyone simply because there's a possibility that a kid with a wiring fault might wig out if a fat bloke in a red suit walks in the room and hands out a few bits of shit gaudy plastic from the nearest Poundstretcher.Great.

3. The clue is in your penultimate line. You don't have a clue. She on the other hand is the head teacher of a school catering for the needs of a group of children with disabilities. Presumably, she got the job because she knows something about what the kids needs are. In fact, she probably knows a lot about the subject. I'm sure though, she would welcome some advice from some internet experts about how to treat the kids at Christmas.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Absolutely, just as those PC wallahs who want to change Christmas to the Winter Festival know about why the name needs to be changed and know what they are doing.

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Or maybe she is just imposing her own 'values'. I wonder if this was discussed with the parents? Are they now to cancel Christmas because their child's Head Teacher says it is not nice?

6. I am really wondering why xmas is stressful to kids. I can't see it myself.....but apparently this woman can.

7. The prospect of some fat dressed up in red bearded alcoholic **** pulling them on his lap for a quick cuddle might make some kids a tad nervous I guess.

8. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

She could cover all bases with a black, transgender, asylum seeking, schizpohrenic, autistic and eplieptic Santa Claus?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Autism is mostly a mystery to me. I have seen it many years ago when I had some involvement in a few schools that catered for kids with disabilities. I have also had the benefit of some television education. I'm sure the actors probably get it as near as dammit! :) I'm pretty sure though that in these circumstances, the headteacher will look at the matter from a welfare point of view, not from some form of political correctness. These kids have complex problems and presumably, the wrong approach could set back a lot of work.

Any actual experts out there?

10. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

It's probably a legal / paperwork thing. The amount of legal hoops that would have to be jumped through to get permission for Santa to turn his strobe lights off before he lands must be immense.

11. True, but he is giving them gifts....I hear sweets work wonders......thats what I hear anyway.

12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I would hope the editor of the Burton Mail is about to regret his decision not to mention that Fountains Primary School is a special needs school dealing with some fairly serious shit. The shitbag journo fails to mention this and makes the story look like "PC Gone Nuts". If one of my kids had any of the following (from the school website) I would go with the expert teacher and bollocks to the shitbag journalist and his cheap ******* shot.

MLD – Moderate learning difficulties

SLD – Severe learning difficulties

ASD – Autistic spectrum disorder

PMLD – Profound and multiple learning difficulties

MLD - Moderate Learning DifficultiesSLD - Severe Learning DifficultiesASD - Autistic Spectrum DisorderPMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties

• Like Like x 2
  13. Poor Santa!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1