Sanitary Pad Revolutionary

Can you tell I'm bored?

A school dropout from a poor family in southern India has revolutionised menstrual health for rural women in developing countries by inventing a simple machine they can use to make cheap sanitary pads. Arunachalam Muruganantham's invention came at great personal cost - he nearly lost his family, his money and his place in society. But he kept his sense of humour.

"It all started with my wife," he says. In 1998 he was newly married and his world revolved around his wife, Shanthi, and his widowed mother. One day he saw Shanthi was hiding something from him. He was shocked to discover what it was - rags, "nasty cloths" which she used during menstruation.

More @ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26260978

Can you tell I'm bored?

A school dropout from a poor family in southern India has revolutionised menstrual health for rural women in developing countries by inventing a simple machine they can use to make cheap sanitary pads. Arunachalam Muruganantham's invention came at great personal cost - he nearly lost his family, his money and his place in society. But he kept his sense of humour.

"It all started with my wife," he says. In 1998 he was newly married and his world revolved around his wife, Shanthi, and his widowed mother. One day he saw Shanthi was hiding something from him. He was shocked to discover what it was - rags, "nasty cloths" which she used during menstruation.

More @ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26260978
Very interesting post FT, but holy fuck, what you must have typed into google to get that back... there is a side to you I never want to meet...

He hasn't invented feck all, its just a very basic machine for stamping out jam rags. So how are the villagers going to afford to buy the machine ? Let me guess charity, which means its not economically viable.

The media loves pretending the third world is full of genius's, when it turns out they invented the bucket, or a spoon. They're the third world because they're mongs.

there are two quotes that amused me

He walked, cycled and ran with the football bladder under his traditional clothes, constantly pumping blood out to test his sanitary pad's absorption rates. Everyone thought he'd gone mad.

His wife, then his mother left him and all he had to say on that was
"t was a problem for me," he says. "I had to cook my own food."
I think EM has been abroad recently.

S

syledis

It was on the BBC news website as well,

Quite interesting, in a non pervy way

If only someone would invent a decent pair of undercrackers that keep my humongous nuts in place with out one "tip out" per hour. Women get all the best inventions.

At least they can travel on the gang rape bus once a month, but when they get home they are thrown down a well for being unclean, swings and roundabouts .

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
What's the difference between menstrual blood and sand?

...you can't gargle sand

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
You've got to admire his tenacity - wife leaves him, family disowns him, village wants to lynch him but he pushes on regardless and actually manages to achieve something worthwhile and useful for every dirty Indian cunt. He deserves an hon arrse diploma.

The next step up the social ladder for the lad is to get himself a job in a call centre, adopt the name Brian and plague the fucking life out of Brits...

They have a space programme, shit in the streets and no gash sash.
They only have a space programme because they use the handouts from Britain to pay for it!

My hat off to the guy for not giving up regardless of the abuse. There is an interesting book on the historical, cultural, social, biological and psychological aspects of mensuration called "The Wise Wound". It's fascinating how it has profoundly affected men.

I did ask the question on another thread about what women who fight in the front line use and it seems they get a shot to supress it. But I have question for the gentlemen here, do men mind having sex with a woman or rug munching when she is on her period? Just curious about men's views.

Latest Threads