Sandra Evans

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by nip-boy, Apr 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got the news yesterday that Sandra passed away last Friday. Smashing girl

RIP

2. Yes, it's terrible news. I first met her 3 years ago, and she made an immediate, hugely positive impression. Very professional and not scared to put you right if you c**ked up! She was much loved and respected by those that knew her.

3. Funeral to be held this Sat 9 Apr 11 at her home village in Wales.

4. not sure if i knew her - but RIP.

5. Awfully sad news. Loved her dry (and very Welsh) humour whilst working with her at 31 for a couple of years. The most loyal and professional SPSI ever. RIP Sandra x

6. I had the privilege of working with Sandra for the duration of her tour both with 31 Signal Regiment and, latterly, with 38 Signal Regiment. She was the consummate professional soldier who had huge dedication to her Sqn, her Regt and her Corps. I am certain that she would have become an RSM - I can imagine her Welsh lilt on the parade ground as I type. The Corps has lost one its great characters and will be a poorer place for it. I cannot attend her funeral tomorrow - my mother-in-law is afflicted with the same medical condition that killed Sandra and we are visiting her for possibly the last time. On this occasion, I must put my extended family first. On a final note, has anybody been able to inform Gary Westmoreland of Sandra's untimely demise?

7. I have been led to beleive he has been informed.

History Man. I had the privilege of working with Sandra for the duration of her tour both with 31 Signal Regiment and, latterly, with 38 Signal Regiment. She was the consummate professional soldier who had huge dedication to her Sqn, her Regt and her Corps. I am certain that she would have become an RSM - I can imagine her Welsh lilt on the parade ground as I type. The Corps has lost one its great characters and will be a poorer place for it. I cannot attend her funeral tomorrow - my mother-in-law is afflicted with the same medical condition that killed Sandra and we are visiting her for possibly the last time. On this occasion, I must put my extended family first. On a final note, has anybody been able to inform Gary Westmoreland of Sandra's untimely demise?[/QUOTE]