Sandpit III

So after the commons vote it's back to jolly old Iraq. It's the land that just keeps on giving. Good luck and godspeed to the crabs who will no doubt be on ops tonight and the eye photo averse laser pointing fraternity and I hope for fecks sake this one works out better than the last one.

If you look on Hotels.Com you'll find all the 5* hotels in the region have put their prices up , because they know the crabs are coming back !

I'll await the forthcoming DIN:

RAF Akrotiri welfare flats will be unavailable UFN.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

What's wrong with France?! Why can't we go back to invading them all the time?!

We could even block book with easyjet for fucks sake.

What's wrong with France?! Why can't we go back to invading them all the time?!

We could even block book with easyjet for fucks sake.

There's a handy escape tunnel too. Let's do this.

As for Sandpit III, anyone go to the O Group? What's the mission? Degrade ISIL? By how much?

Last edited:

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
Anyone in DC world read von Clausewitz?

Vot is ze aim unt are ve committed to maintaining it?

Yokel

LE
If only the RAF had not had so many fighter/ground attack squadrons cut and we had not decided to axe the carrier strike capability.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I smell a Blair-like emanation of BS from Cameron about the legality of attacking IS.

Just saying "Clearly it is legal" may well satisfy the Sun readers, but just saying it is legal dont make it so. I think Cameron is trying to push it under the "humanitarian" thing. IS may be executing British citizens but that doesnt put it on the scale of genocide, which would be a legitimate reason for military intervention.

I am also disturbed that Cameron seems to want to get into Syria. Thats mission creep before the mission has started.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I was cynical enough about the last couple of dusty adventures but hearing Galloway say on channel 4 that it was something which had to be done. I am now quite unnerved and I don't nerve easily.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Can't we just burn a mountain of money now, carpet bomb the whole country, wait 10 years and then rinse and repeat? I'm sure THIS time Team America (FUK yeah!) will do the job properly...

Has anyone heard them give a coherent 'reconstruction plan' yet - something that was conspicuous from all their other 'victories'?

I notice how Chucky Hagel is pleased to get some more support for their coalition. Obviously we are not their 'best allies' like France (as per his comments the other day) but its nice to be the poodle again, eh?

Same day as my medical appeal has gone through, is this going to be strictly a crab affair or are Iraq/Syria tours going to be on the cards before too long? Interesting times.

I've been saying for the last couple of years that once afghan is over, the UK is done with ground fighting for the next 10-20 years but this has plenty of scope to grow arms and legs so there is an outside chance that you too could get your own bloody, open ended and ultimately pointless war in that shitheal of a country.

Why not just bomb Birmingham instead ? Saves on all the LOA , uses less fuel and we have better intel on the targets .
Oh , and it'll shut UKIP up , too .

ISIL survivors who managed to get out that sandpit without becoming 'brown bread', will probably turn up at Calis demanding and clamoring for their 'Yumin Rites' in Old Blighty, to be fed, watered, supplied beer tokens, goats to f**k, boys to sell into slavery, Tellies, free houses, lots of cash compensation for being bombed from on high, and of course British Passports and lots and lots 'Peppa Pig' kebabs from MacDarnalds......

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
ISIL survivors who managed to get out that sandpit without becoming 'brown bread', will probably turn up at Calis demanding and clamoring for their 'Yumin Rites' in Old Blighty, to be fed, watered, supplied beer tokens, goats to f**k, boys to sell into slavery, Tellies, free houses, lots of cash compensation for being bombed from on high, and of course British Passports and lots and lots 'Peppa Pig' kebabs from MacDarnalds......
Incidentally, whilst T Abbott has or or two discerning faults, cancelling passports of Aussies who've gone to fight for them isn't one.

Perhaps DC might take just the one leaf out of his book...?

Latest Threads