• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Sandies/Sandys Home for soldiers?

Just a thought Sandies/Sandy's homes for soldiers, there use to be one in Palace Barracks Holywood nr Belfast an old wooden building is it still there?

Are Sandies still on the go..does any one know?

The13thDukeOfWybourne said:
I'm sure there's still one down in Ballykinler.
Correct. There was also one at Ballykelly (if it still exisits).

oldbaldy

LE
Spanish_Dave said:
The BGT in Catterick used to be one
I learnt to swim there back as a school boy.

The13thDukeOfWybourne said:
I'm sure there's still one down in Ballykinler.
Yeah was in today for a brew and sausage bap :lol:

guards1231 said:
There is one still alive and well in Pirbright , well there was at least two years ago. Still there with the bible in there top left !
Was still alive and kicking last weekend, didn't go in so can't comment on the Bible/lack of!

studentfeckwit said:
guards1231 said:
There is one still alive and well in Pirbright , well there was at least two years ago. Still there with the bible in there top left !
Was still alive and kicking last weekend, didn't go in so can't comment on the Bible/lack of!
Went in last month with a couple of other 'Civvies (attached)', one of whom declared to the bod behind the bar that he'd had his first drink in the army in 1949 in that Sandes (next to the Guard Room of the day). They gave him a free mug of tea, but as he wasn't paying for the round he complained all day that someone else got his free tea. Typical drummer - whinge whinge tick purge.

Pronto_Mike_Uniform said:
Is that the one by the Post Office Car Park and the pipe school?
yerst. Or nowadays the medical centre overflow and the portacabin outside whatever the guard room/piping school is now

BANDSMAN69 said:
Just a thought Sandies/Sandy's homes for soldiers, there use to be one in Palace Barracks Holywood nr Belfast an old wooden building is it still there?

Are Sandies still on the go..does any one know?
I remember the one at Palace, used it a lot when I was stationed there 81-83. Used to do my dhoby there, often partaking of one of their excellent meals of sausage/beans/chips & a brew whilst waiting for the dryer. Happy days.

Latest Threads