Sandhurst waterboarding scandal

Just in general.. Officer Cadets who get injured or have some other reason for being temporarily with drawn from training (depending on their circumstances) do a programme including PT, academics, phase 1 training until they are ready to go back into the CC. Years ago, at least, you would bump into a few people who had been in uniform for 24 months plus doing various officer pipeline, remedial PT, rehab programmes etc with at least 6 months to go at best before commissioning.
Indeed. I fractured my leg on my first RoCo and was sent home with the instruction "do some PT as soon as that pot comes off, we'll see you on Day 1 of the next course..."

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just in general.. Officer Cadets who get injured or have some other reason for being temporarily with drawn from training (depending on their circumstances) do a programme including PT, academics, phase 1 training until they are ready to go back into the CC. Years ago, at least, you would bump into a few people who had been in uniform for 24 months plus doing various officer pipeline, remedial PT, rehab programmes etc with at least 6 months to go at best before commissioning.
Lucknow Platoon still exists. I spent a term there myself. At the time we had cadets who had been there for over a year, although I've since been told that there's now a one term maximum and everyone with longer term problems deals with them at home. No idea how true that is though.

Lucknow Platoon still exists. I spent a term there myself. At the time we had cadets who had been there for over a year, although I've since been told that there's now a one term maximum and everyone with longer term problems deals with them at home. No idea how true that is though.
After 1981, presumably?

Yes, by a couple decades. I'm not sure when Lucknow platoon started but the attempt to limit it to a single term is from the last couple of years.
Makes sense. As I said, in my case i was simply sent home on medical leave. But that was in the dim and distant past. Doesn't explain what's happened to these people.

I can see that a guilty verdict would end their military career, but at what point do they have a case that punishment exceeds the crime? What happens if they are found not guilty?

I mean, it's not as if the Army legal system has ever messed up...

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
What happens if they are found not guilty?
We're assuming that they've been taken off the course until now. I haven't seen that written in the media reports (although I may well have missed it). It's possible they just cracked on in different platoons awaiting trial.

We're assuming that they've been taken off the course until now. I haven't seen that written in the media reports (although I may well have missed it). It's possible they just cracked on in different platoons awaiting trial.
Indeed. Personally I found RMAS stressful enough without a court martial case threatening me...but wouldn't they have finished by now?

Latest Threads