Sandhurst waterboarding scandal

I just called 'house' on Rent-a-Quote Bingo!
Is that Galactic Lord High Admiral Kemp, Keeper of the Silk Purse and Knight Pursuvent of All British and Imperial Troops in Afghanistan and Beyond the Seas? Apparently outranked CGS and CDS. Stu Peach found him trés amusant. Apparently.

Is that Galactic Lord High Admiral Kemp, Keeper of the Silk Purse and Knight Pursuvent of All British and Imperial Troops in Afghanistan and Beyond the Seas? Apparently outranked CGS and CDS. Stu Peach found him trés amusant. Apparently.
That made me laugh out loud - he really is a cock.

Anyway, I’ve said this before but I can’t imagine what the present media would make of a ‘70s Rowallan Company.

Or the ‘40s version it copied.

Last edited:
You obviously haven't much experience of the RMP's ability to cock up even the simplest of investigations. Let alone quite significant ones. ‘Flawed’ inquiry into army abuse collapses
That incident has been done to death.

WHile the civvie police are more than capable of investigating this, and it isn’t by any stretch of the imagination (despite the story) complex (or serious), they are limited to dealing with the incident at hand - which potentially could amount to nothing greater than a battery.
Where the RMP have the advantage is the myriad of non-criminal conduct offences under AFA.

Liberty skew the narrative to suit their agenda. So their opinion isn’t worth the paper it’s written on. Depending on who they’re speaking to the civvie police are incapable of investigating fairly when it comes to [insert persecuted minority here], when in fact both the RMP and the police are as professional and flawed as each other.

You obviously haven't much experience of the RMP's ability to cock up even the simplest of investigations. Let alone quite significant ones. ‘Flawed’ inquiry into army abuse collapses
I served for 30 years, and hand on heart, cannot recall ever having a satisfactory experience of RMP in any professional capacity beyond (fleetingly) traffic control on a full scale Armd Division withdrawal.

Investigation? You're'avin' a giraffe, sunshine.

Of course. But some of them come from within the platoon so it's reasonably well sourced.
Ain't no such thing as, when it comes to rumour and gossip.

Pissed me off no end at Battalion duty, when I heard NCOs retailing it.

It's insidious, it undermines trust, and is genuinely injurious to good order and military discipline.

So I made a point, as Company Commander, of telling all my subordinate commanders, commissioned and non-commissioned, that should any of them dispense rumour or gossip within my hearing, it would be noted, and would feature adversely on their annual appraisal.

Probably didn't stop it altogether, but it shure as shiite throttled it down, and had a visibly positive impact on morale.

But, hey what do I know.

I'm only 63, and more than half my adult life a soldier . . . . :wink:

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ain't no such thing as, when it comes to rumour and gossip.

Pissed me off no end at Battalion duty, when I heard NCOs retailing it.

It's insidious, it undermines trust, and is genuinely injurious to good order and military discipline.
I feel like a site called the Army Rumour Service might not be for you...

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yeah, but then:

a. Im retired,​
b. I'm very strongly of the view that you're not fit to hold the Queen's Commission,​
So your opinions of me are of no consequence. :-D
That seems remarkably like a bite. Hope you're having a good evening.

If the two being investigated claim it was a consensual threesome sex session they may get away with it in these enlightened times of trans' in uniform and all sorts of diversity box ticking and inclusivity being part of the modern British Army. If they say they were all naked at the time but they'd forgotten what the Safe Word was so kept going. "The whistleblower is just embarrassed and was enjoying it till we brought out the giant marrow and bottle of baby oil"

Last edited:

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If the two being investigated claim it was a consential threesome sex session they may get away with it in these enlightened times of trans' in uniform and all sorts of diversity box ticking and inclusivity being part of the modern British Army. If they say they were all naked at the time but they'd forgotten what the Safe Word was so kept going. "The whistleblower is just embarrassed and was enjoying it till we brought out the giant marrow and bottle of baby oil"
Ah, the 'foxy knoxy' defence.

Yeah, but then:

a. Im retired,​
b. I'm very strongly of the view that you're not fit to hold the Queen's Commission,​
So your opinions of me are of no consequence. :-D
Some of the holders of the Queens Commission, ignored the basic lessons of their time spent at both colleges. Ignore is a safe word, it shows that they had a choice when ******* over those under their command….
******* over the thing officers do best, when they are too proud to admit they are wrong.

Since the officer instructors sign off on everything the cadets achieve, seems like someone has fucked up failing to stop this occurring.

If the two being investigated claim it was a consensual threesome sex session they may get away with it in these enlightened times of trans' in uniform and all sorts of diversity box ticking and inclusivity being part of the modern British Army. If they say they were all naked at the time but they'd forgotten what the Safe Word was so kept going. "The whistleblower is just embarrassed and was enjoying it till we brought out the giant marrow and bottle of baby oil"
Baby oil? Dont know what the Army's coming to,,Harrumph....;)

Latest Threads