Sandhurst waterboarding scandal

Two Military careers over.
It also pales into insignificance compared to the official institutional violence.

I'd have taken water-boarding over seal-crawling up and down Barossa's gravel tracks, or instead of the stretcher or log races, or whatever that torture was called that involved medicine balls.

At least with water-boarding you get to lie down and are not required to exercise any physical effort...
My favorite was always the Bunny Hops with Bergans on. I still dont know what purpose that served i have no idea unless it was to bugger up my knees in old age

Hope it not one of the Johnny Forigners that attend, especially one from a sandy place, that would look odd.

Next I take will be fun and centred around MATT 6:

Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven. 2 Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 3 But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you [a]openly.

Or should that be:
Values and Standards

Or, in short: "God hates virtue signaling". :smile:

Its not waterboarding when you use diesel.

Do they still do that most excellent training activity called "Pays to be a Winner", where three of you race up a steep hill, the first two get to stay, the last one goes again in the next group? And where pulling the others down, kicking them down the hill and any other physical method of ensuring not being last is encouraged?

I distinctly recall the Cpl screaming at me "Kick the Påki cnut down". I'm not sure such verbal encouragement is allowed today (or even then, in fact), but it surely did pay to be a winner, because if you weren't, you were utterly ball-bagged. A spot of light refreshment out of a 58 pattern water bottle would have been most welcome - as long as @DrStealth wasn't DS :)

Knee buggering aside.It was character building.....:rolleyes:;)
Unfortunately Character Building doesn work with the Veterans Agency when you try to make a claim for it.

The Doctor who the Veterans Agency send to give me a medical said 'So you mucked up your knees doing what bunny hops, what are they and whats a bergan'. Then a nice letter tellin you that your knee problems were not a result of your military service.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If some Seniors knew about it yet did nowt and civplod find criminal activity then it may be more than two careers (plus the snitch/victim).