Sandhurst waterboarding scandal

The Mail, The Sun and various sundry on line feeds are leading with this. The Incident occurred on the 7th four days before The Sovereign's parade.

Military police are investigating claims that two cadets "waterboarded" a fellow recruit at Sandhurst.
The Sun reported two officer cadets allegedly held down an individual, covered his face with a cloth and poured water over it, creating the sensation of drowning.
The alleged incident is said to have taken place on 7 August.
Deputy Commandant of the Royal Military Academy in Berkshire Brig Bill Wright said he was "aware of the allegations".
He said he expected "the highest standards of behaviour at Sandhurst" and had therefore "ordered an investigation by

If true then I expect that an interview without tea and biscuits will be the least of their worries.

Two Military careers over.
Not necessarily. Didn't Winston Churchill lead a mutiny at Sandhurst or something? Although I suppose that being related to the Duke of Marlborough can be an asset in these circumstances.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Bernard Law Montgomery set fire to the shirt tail of an under-performing fellow cadet, who got quite badly burned in the process.

Hardly a Sandhurst waterboarding scandal. 'Sandhurst' had nothing, other than being the location, to do with it. Effing newspapers.

Water a fuss about nothing: It's not likely have caused the victim any lasting harm. If anyone needs a bollocking it's the idiot that tipped off the Sun... and presumably for a bit of bunce.

Brigadier Bill Wright may well expect "the highest standards of behaviour at Sandhurst" but nobody "ordered an investigation by the Royal Military Police" into the regular spectacle of Cadets sitting in the 'train' at Camberley McDonalds chucking fries at each other.

Next I take will be fun and centred around MATT 6:

Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven. 2 Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 3 But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you [a]openly.

Or should that be:
Values and Standards

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I just called 'house' on Rent-a-Quote Bingo!

Colonel Richard Kemp, former Commander of British Forces in Afghanistan, said

Banter-waterboarding is part of an institutional tradition. It replaced setting fire to fellow recruits found skipping in a Naval Dockyard following the introduction of the 2006 Armed Forces Act. Fact.

It also pales into insignificance compared to the official institutional violence.

I'd have taken water-boarding over seal-crawling up and down Barossa's gravel tracks, or instead of the stretcher or log races, or whatever that torture was called that involved medicine balls.

At least with water-boarding you get to lie down and are not required to exercise any physical effort...

The Mail, The Sun and various sundry on line feeds are leading with this. The Incident occurred on the 7th four days before The Sovereign's parade.

Military police are investigating claims that two cadets "waterboarded" a fellow recruit at Sandhurst.
The Sun reported two officer cadets allegedly held down an individual, covered his face with a cloth and poured water over it, creating the sensation of drowning.
The alleged incident is said to have taken place on 7 August.
Deputy Commandant of the Royal Military Academy in Berkshire Brig Bill Wright said he was "aware of the allegations".
He said he expected "the highest standards of behaviour at Sandhurst" and had therefore "ordered an investigation by
Well, they'll never make Field Marshall after this.

They should've set fire to the poor sod, and then flung him in the lake: that worked for Monty.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kelvin_273 REME 8
C Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting 12
N The Other Half 78