Sandhurst Wait Time

Hi all,

Long time lurker on these threads, but first time poster.

Just wondering if anyone can share the current wait times for the various stages of the officer application? I’ve been in the application process since 2019, and was initially delayed by various bogus medical reasons, and latterly by Covid.

Long story short, I’m coming up to my medical at the end of this month, having finally passed the RGMD. Can anyone shed some light on how long the waiting lists currently are for briefing and main board? I realise my CSM is supposed to be the best person to ask about this, but they are rarely contactable/helpful.

Any insight, anecdotal or otherwise, gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Tingtang22

Clanker
Hey Elliot,

I waited about 12 weeks between the medical and Briefing and then 14 weeks between Briefing and Main Board. I passed Main Board in April and the earliest I could go to Sandhurst was January 2022 because all the waitlists are full!
The 12 weeks and 14 weeks wait was also the earliest I could book on for both Briefing and Main Board.

Hope that helps!

OP
If your user name is your real name then you may wish to consider changing it for PERSEC (Personal Security).

Hey Elliot,

I waited about 12 weeks between the medical and Briefing and then 14 weeks between Briefing and Main Board. I passed Main Board in April and the earliest I could go to Sandhurst was January 2022 because all the waitlists are full!
The 12 weeks and 14 weeks wait was also the earliest I could book on for both Briefing and Main Board.

Hope that helps!
Great that really is helpful. The delays are annoying, but at least if you know what to expect you can plan around them and prepare accordingly. It’s the complete lack of transparency and clarity that is the most frustrating part. To that end this is a useful response - thank you!

Hi OP, I started my application in March 2020, had the initial phone interview in April 2020, Medical at Westbury in July 2020, then there was a delay for Briefing, so this wasn't until early December 2020. I then was booked into Main Board for the end of April 2021, however was medically deferred for three months due to my appendix choosing to erupt. So I then ended up on a board at the end of May 2021.

Found out I passed last week, but not off to Sandhurst till Jan 2022 as September 2021 is full & so is it's waiting list.

There were a few people on my Main Board that had been in the application process since early 2019, one even 2017, but put on hold due to medical reasons.

Hope that helps & best of luck!