Sandhurst Visit

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Ashen, Feb 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

At the start of the week I recieved all the details on my two day visit to Sandhurst next month as a potential potential officer (if such a term exists).

However, I noticed on the timetable of activities that a ninety minute session in the gym was on the cards. Normally this wouldn't be much of a problem, but as I am currently nursing a shattered scaphoid at the moment, I very much doubt I will be able to take part. I am capable of taking part in the other activities, just not this one.

Is it still worth going? Will the staff there take a dim view of me if I opt out of that particular part, and as such, is it worth letting someone who can make full use of the time take my place? Or as this is merely a visit, with no pressure on actually joining just yet, will it matter very little?

I thankyou in anticipation.

2. Nothing which is carefully scheduled could ever be pointless, and should not be missed.
    When asked, as you should be under health and safety regs. as to whether you are fit to carry out physical training, you should clearly state your injury. Never ever try to bluff, it can only bite you in the arse.

3. As you say, it's a potential potential officer visit.
    Two options really:
    1) Go, and make it clear you're injured.
    2) Wait until you're fit, and go then.

The gym session isn't that much of a beasting, and is really only designed to give you a flavour of what phys sessions are like at RMAS.

But your choice. You've got bags of time, so I'd wait until fit personally. Get on one of the Corps/Regimental Fam Visits in the meantime if you can.