Sandhurst to be closed?

Discussion in 'Officers' started by RCSignals, Aug 21, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At least that's what I heard, as part of the MOD cuts.

Any truth to it?

2. Actually, they have been discussing a "Joint" Officers' Course, along the lines of Shrivenham, but it has been placed on the backburner until further notice.

The plan would be to have a "core" training course of 3-6 months, for all officers of all Services, followed by a second, Single Service phase of 3-6 months.

A very silly idea, I'm sure we all agree.

IF

3. I heard Dartmouth and Cranwell to go.

:?:

4. The last Rumor that I heard was that then long-long therm idea is to creat a single Combined Oporations force. all in one uniform (like Canada) but this was a rumor and very long term.

5. I heard from a "very good source" last year that this was at least an aspiration! :twisted:

(note: "very good source": earwigging taxi driver at a certain defence academy!)

6. What? Say it isn't so. Why copy such an unmitigated disaster?

Even Canada corrected the one-uniform fiasco, but the rest is still crap

7. I heard that too, and that the Army, Navy and Airforce were being disbanded. :roll:

8. Sandhurst to relocate to Fort George(INVERNESS-for those who don't know) as the Scots Regiments won't be needing it anymore!

9. I heard that too. It was from Oskar.

Can't wait to be a traffic warden.... :lol:

10. All our traffic wardens got the chop - Council Parking Officers now do the job (Work on a quota system, so 1 sec overdue and wham)

Also issue parking tickets via CCTV Operator, Get a nice picy to boot!

Sandhurst, close? Bring back the Shop....

11. Heard that one aswell..........

But why???????

12. Think you misread the headline.

Actually it's: 'Sandhurst too close'

...to Camberley. Ghastly place.

13. Bring back Mons I say you got a SSC commision in 6mths with none of the arty farty war studies lessons

14. Personally, I got a RegC in six months from RMAS. Thank you SGC! :D