Sandhurst shake-up 'to get right commanders'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Mar 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. I doubt that Sandhurst is the right place to inculcate the necessary mindset. Students are beasted around the place by DS all the time so a freshly-polished subaltern thinks it pretty normal.
  3. I have it on good authority that the senior officer quoted has been misrepresented: he had tried to explain that all courses are under continual review and lessons learnt, be they Iraq/Afghanistan/Deepcut inform that review.

I'm not even sure if the senior officer was in the Army when it was a two year course!

One of the critical elements was bicycle drill - what a loss!

The irony of the argument is that there were very few DE officers involved in the abuse scandals:

Abu Greahb - lawyers
    Breadbasket - commanded by an LE

Cue abuse to barbs :roll:

Not trying to comment on those groups, just remarking on irony. :?

As for the in-barracks leadership/duty of care/pastoral care a new book has just been published:

Soldier Management - A Guide for Commanders . Army Code 64286. It comes with a CD Rom which includes a pdf version.

Its quite thick but is very good. If you can get your hands on one its worth the read.

Ex Para You may have something there!