Sandhurst Reserve lists

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by WannabeRupert, May 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How likely is it to be loaded on to an earlier course from the reserve list?

I obviously want to get to RMAS as soon as possible, but have only managed to get a 'definite' place for May 2013.

What is the likelihood of being loaded onto January 2013, my preferred intake.

Thanks,

WR.

2. I was under the impression that it was all judged on need. If there is a compelling reason to start earlier you're more likely to get it over someone who fancies going sooner.

3. I was meant to be going in January 2013 but I put myself onto the reserve list for September this year. Once the JIs go out for the course before yours, get on the phone to OCAC and badger the hell out of them (within reason). If you are keen and ring once a week, they will take note. If anyone defers then you will be at the top of the list. They would prefer to load those who are keen and can be relied upon to rock up on the specified dates to commence training.

I am 24 so not too close to the age limit so it is not all about the need to load you on quickly. Be keen and you have more of a chance.

hope this helps
    Sweeters

4. Oh..............forgot to actually say that I got loaded onto the September CC

5. Very true- I phoned about once a week for 3 weeks or so and have now gone from January 2013 to September 2012! People will drop out, be mega keen and keep calling and you may well get earlier.
    I was told the older candidates (25/26ish) would be loaded on first, but I'm 18!

6. By all accounts, there are a lot of people who flake/defer when they get the JIs through the door, so I'd say if you make it clear you want to get on an earlier intake, your chances are good.