Sandhurst May Intake

Bew Glory, did you hear that from your ACA? I spoke to someone in RMAS recently and they said the intake is filling up pretty fast.

I heard from a captain on a fam visit that at one point they were actually considering scrapping May as it was so undersubscribed but it is now slowly filling up

Yes, I heard it from my ACA, a Major in the Royal Anglians just yesterday. He said it was a shame that I would miss the May intake because it is very unsubscribed. On a similar note, he also said that Westbury were taking more 'risks' in passing potentially borderline applicants and this has apparently resulted in a greater number of cadets either quitting Sandhurst or being held back. This sounded strange to me as logically Westbury should be recruiting to a standard rather than a quota. Regardless, its what he told me.

The September and January intakes are still generally full.

BrewGlory, not to my recent knowledge. Your tame Angle Iron may not have the full sp.

May 2010, ie CC 1002, formed up with a strength of 250 (ish) IIRC. Can't say if there has been a unusually high drop-out rate, but have heard nothing to that effect.

Old Rat
Out

1002? Are you sure?

And ref Westbury, risk passes to RMAS are increasing but the pass standard has not dropped. The number of applicants being turned down has actually increased if anything, possibly due to any tom dick and harry turning up because of the recession.

May has always been the quiet intake anyway...

May 2010, ie CC 1002, formed up with a strength of 250 (ish) IIRC. Can't say if there has been a unusually high drop-out rate, but have heard nothing to that effect.

Old Rat
Out
Thats interesting, I seem to remember a big drama here this time last year as rumours spread that the May intake would be a hundred pers short. Interesting to see how it panned out!

No no no, Wooz I have the same info as you (and I certainly hope it's right).
To clarify, some kind soul somewhere along the AOSB/RMAS lines has thoughtfully cocked up some estimate or other and they have now found themselves with approx. 100 or so extra places on the May 2010 intake, hence the drastic shift in the cut-off date. I imagine they will put on an extra PCCBC to accommodate.

I was down to attend a November Main Board but rather impressively snapped my arm in half (literally) at a Para Insight Course. Thought all hope for May intake was lost until my ACA filled me in on this convenient mishap.
Guess a call to Sandhurst to check on spaces wouldn't go amiss.

Oh and Wooz, I believe that's the same MB date as me. Best of luck and see you there.
http://www.arrse.co.uk/regular-officer-recruiting/127598-sandhurst-intake.html

TVEDU, Wager.

Ah, right, hmpth. Come to think of it, I seem to have erred. They were a tad short of numbers when last seen. There was something of an under-loading crisis last year, but a "one-off" admin foul-up rather lack of runners and riders.

I'll go and lie down. Have someone bring me a Horlicks.

Old Rat
Out