Sandhurst May 2005

Discussion in 'Officers' started by HAYPIE, Feb 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a place for RMAS officer training May 2005. intention- short service commission. not entirely sure what i'd be letting myself in for, mainly in terms of life after Sandhurst. it's hard work, we all know, but finding the right friends/colleagues is v important. anyone else out there in similar situation:-

1. do you know exactly what military law you are signing up to?
    2. what home are you planning to use during and post Sandhurst or are you planning on buying a house?
    3. anyone had comments on how manageable a relationship is during your SSC?
    4. do you know anyone else on your intake? (other than the obvious HRH)

3. REBEKAH WADE?

4. ditto hackle

:?:

5. It starts with a J yes? I find it hard to believe anyone who had passed RCB would be this clueless. ah well

6. Ding Ding :?:

7. He/she didnt hang around for an answer, did they

8. It is hard to believe that one could pass an Army careers office and be this ignorant, let alone RCB. Piss-poor research even for one of Fleet Street's finest. Piss-poor punctuation as well.

9. I realise not everyone will agree with this comment, but I think it's a pity that these shameless attempts result in putting off the better journos who make appropriate use of this site. We do encourage them to watch when it suits us.

I wish some of those better journos would scrag these people. In fact, that would be one case of bullying I would not be too upset about. :wink:

Afterthought: "better journos" does not necessarily correspond to "posh newspapers".

10. Perhaps someone can explain what a HayPie is?

Is it the same as a Cow Patty?

11. FAIR COP, I DID LOG OUT AFTER POSTING MY TOPIC. I HAVE READ ROUND THE ARMY MORE THAN A FAIR BIT AND BEEN ON 2 REGIMENTAL FAM VISITS, PLUS GAINED SOME MILITARY EXPERIENCE WITH THE T.A. AS WAS RECOMMENDED. I GUESS ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO REALLY PREDICT HOW IT MIGHT BE UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY DO IT. THE LIST OF 'USEFUL THINGS TO TAKE TO SANDHURST' WAS HOWEVER VERY GOOD- POSTED ON A DIFFERENT TOPIC. IF YOU HAVE ANYMORE SUGGESTION THEY ARE WELCOME.

12. Feck it I'll bite and get it over with.

A nice quiet useful suggestion: TAKE THE FREAKIN CAPS LOCK OFF!

Look you should have already been clued up on what you were letting yourself in for-at least rough idea of mil law (QR's are on the net if you can't sleep), accom arrangements etc. If you've been in TA then you have no excuse.

Fair question about relationships-guess that's down to you, and intake goes into realms of Persec.

You need to give yourself some credibillity (don't ask such bone questions) if people are going to take you seriously on here and not declare you a journo, at the moment you've not quite achieved that.

I guess that you have heard the saying think before you speak? Well that goes for posting as well.

Caps lock pisses me off. Burn the witch, burn!

13. On the point of military law... look at your attestation papers - you will sign them either at the ACIO or when you go to RMAS for the Pre-Course Briefing.

If you've already signed and didn't read them, unfcukinglucky. I am sure someone at the TA centre can take the time to talk through your rights and responsibilities if you ask nicely.

14. what?? you are in for one hell of a shock!!

15. or HairyPie?